McDonalds Signature Collection increased to 600+ locations

Soldato
http://www.mcdonalds.co.uk/ukhome/promotions/signature-collection.html

Just in case anyone didn't know, McDonalds is rolling out its Signature collection, that was previously only available at a small number of locations, to over 600 McDonalds in the UK. One of which is my towns :D This takes effect from tomorrow.

Its my day off tomorrow, so I'm definitely heading there for lunch. I think I'll be trying both the Classic and the Spicy! :D

Soldato
i ordered this

and got this

18813276_10209564894066278_3627474912227791416_n_zpsbugwlfrd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Soldato
good call on the movie -

article
But how will consumers react? Psychological experiments suggest that regardless of any change to the recipe, consumers will rate the burgers as better.
McDonald’s, by cleverly tapping into our assumptions about more expensive and Michelin inspired goods, will improve the taste of their burgers. This is likely to have important brand consequences. The biggest benefit for them won’t be the sale of the "Signature" burgers, but the boost in quality perception for the brand as a whole.

and look at the premium they (justifiably ?) charge for food in a Michelin restaurant. - whose zooming who

Soldato
OP
Back from lunch.

mNhhXM.jpg

I got my two Signature burgers, along with a large Fanta and a side order of Leicester melts. Came to £12 odds. I feel fairy ripped off...

AuvQG3.jpg

The classic was not bad, but honestly nothing to rave about. The mustard mayo was a nice touch, but other than that it just felt like a slightly posher bacon cheeseburger.

mEjm0p.jpg

I like the Spicy more, though it was nowhere near as spicy as I was hoping for. I like the inclusion of pepperjack cheese and the jalapenos give it a bit of a kick, but it could have done with maybe a spicier relish.

All in all, they aren't bad at all, but honestly I don't think their anything to rave out. And they weren't exactly big either for the price their being sold for. I'd recommend trying them once for the experience, but its not the kind of thing I would buy on a regular basis. I'd rather get a couple of double cheeseburgers and some chicken selects instead...

Soldato
the Spicy one looks nicer - meat grain - don't know what their target time is, into your hand, to avoid soggy buns.
... No michelin stars (their portraits?) on the box, subsequently saw, we do not know their identity or what they did in the restaurants
Duncan Cruttenden, food development director, said the burgers had been developed with the help of customer feedback and with the company’s internal chef council, which includes those who have worked at Michelin-starred restaurants.

Associate
One of the maccies near me did them when they were only in a few locations. I ordered them a few times and they tended to be really well put together. I'm a bit doubtful if that would be the case now they've been rolled out everywhere.

They different components of it seem to be of a better quality than normal maccies, but to be honest they tasted pretty bland generally.

Back
Top Bottom