MCE 2005 - Need Dual DVB-T card suggestions and Remote Control advice.

Soldato
I am running the latest software, and I am connected to a booster box which connects to the digital arial on the roof. I still get "digitv.exe has encounted a problem" for no real reason every so often!

Soldato
OP
Slackworth said:
Why don't you get the MS Media Centre Keyboard as you will already have the infrared receiver for it. :)
Yeah I know what you mean, nice and simple like, but what does the MS-Media centre keyboard actually do that isn't offered by the remote? (apart from QWERTY function)

When it comes to gaming on the MCE system I'm gonna need a decent keyboard and mouse so still not sure what the best solution is at this time. . . . . . . .

Associate
Card arrived today, installed and up and running. Fantastic, no longer need the crappy freeview box - all built in. Recording one channel and watching the other. Excellent bit of kit.

Soldato
OP
monkeysmith said:
Card arrived today
Oh man, my card also arrived today, but sadly it's the CITY-LINK card that says "We called today but you were out" lol :)

Cmon then monkeysmith, lets have some news, your running it on MCE-2005 yeah?

Associate
Yep, MCE 2005. Did have a Hauppaugge 150 MCE card in there and a Freeview box, part of the Microsoft Remote is a IR Blaster, so that was configured to change the Freeview channel. The Freeview box was just a cheap asda special, so kept on crashing, freezing, and quite often I recorded something and was an hour of black screen. Binned the freeview box, changed the 150 card for the Dual DVB card, started up, uninstalled the old drivers, installed the new, opened MCE, re-tuned the channels and was up and running. Very very easy. No additonal setup is required for the dual tuners, you can simply record one channel and watch another.

MCE 2005
Shuttle
Sempron 2800
512MB Ram (DDR 400MHZ)
250 GB SATA HDD
DVD-RW
ATi 9250 128MB
Dual DVB -t 500 Nova TV Card

Nice little system. Have it wired up to my crt widescreen tv, so have to drop the resolution, but also means I can play games on the tv - like rugby challenge 2006. Havent tried recording while playing yet, and I also want to try Media Portal, anyone ever used this?

Soldato
I've used media portal, found it quite buggy and it seems to conflict with the hauppage viewing software but once you have it working as long as you don't use the hauppage viewing software it works fine. Works with my nova - t 250 and 500.

Back
Top Bottom