1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

meaning of life

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by mattheman, Dec 6, 2008.

1. yantorsen

PermaBanned

Ok, so because of that I am suddenly going crazy for the devil? right....

and baptists isn't a group like CE or Catholic is it is more of a description, there's no hierchy.

In fact almost every baptist church I've been to is the same/similar, and a lot of Church of England churches I've been to are similar too, I think you need to get out more, seriously.

How is using paints to express yourself in worship different to singing? what if your dumb and can't sing?

2. ILKSC

PermaBanned

And I need a shrink!

I never said that tongues isn't scriptural when they were used how they were supposed to be used as a sign to the Jews. But not everyone had this gift and those that had used them one at a time with a interpreter present.
    It was one of the lesser gifts and women are to remain silent in church so they would not be able to use them like they think they do now. The whole church speaking in tongues all at once is certainly unscriptural.
    Many people have experienced people cursing God in these charasmatic churches, innocently of course, but they were cursing God.
    We've already covered the Trinity and shown Scripture which prove the Trinity.

Any way goodbye yantorsen!

TO THE MODS PLEASE BAN ME IF I CANT UNREGISTER!
    THANK YOU.

3. Nitefly

Man of Honour

Whilst the truth of what we are discussing remains unknown, there are two truths to this thread:

Clock.It and ILKSC think that their idea of the truth is factual and undisputable. Anyone who disagrees with them is wrong.

Everybody else, holding various beliefs, accept that there is no way to make factual claims about the truth in question and approach the subject with much scepticism.

And thats it. Thats the thread. Personally I find the whole 'your wrong I'm right' mentality quite disturbing. Its the sort of undiplomatic attitude that causes wars, which is a shame because if there is any sort of god out there then I'm sure that isn't what he would want.

4. yantorsen

PermaBanned

I agree, this doesn't happen at my church though, what you stated at the begining of your post is what happens, and i've only seen it at my church once.

So stop making judgements before you have the whole picture and stop putting words in my mouth.

Good bye! I hope for your sake you look back on this thread and realise what a tool you've been.

5. ILKSC

PermaBanned

I wouldn't fight anyone anyway, not fisticuffs or weapons!

Are you a mod?

6. yantorsen

PermaBanned

No he's not and there not going to ban you, just log out and forget about the site.

7. Clock.It

PermaBanned

I am glad i dont go to the place you go to or the Holy Spirit within me would be very grieved. Maybe you should search the scriptures more to actually see what spiritual life is. See if the apostles did the things you do or did they preach Christ and him crucified and praise and worship God in Spirit and in truth being filled with the Word of God. That is what spiritual life and faith is not tomfoolery.

8. Nitefly

Man of Honour

I know you wouldn't, but conflicts are often started on the basis that people are not allowed to live side by side, accepting one anothers beliefs.

Someone not as kind as you, who holds similar ideas (only they are right), may not be so accepting...

No.

9. ILKSC

PermaBanned

You are so annoying I cant forget that's the problem.
    Calling me a tool, honestly. I wonder how many names you have called me so far, would your church approve do you think?

10. yantorsen

PermaBanned

oh my days your patronising, obviously the things I mentioned above weren't just meaningless, obviously people use them to help them worship God in there hearts.

I don't see how singing is a more valid method than anything else, as long as it's meant in your heart then surely it's whatever works best for you and you are most comfortable with.

P.S. I'm REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY glad I wasn't brainwashed where you were.

11. ILKSC

PermaBanned

But someone has to to right, no?

12. yantorsen

PermaBanned

I don't know, I'm myself though, I don't answer to anyone but God so I don't care.

How many times have you wrongly condemned people, made huge misjudgements, and derailed this thread? LOADS, and I find all of the above insulting. "Tool" is not really an insult, it's just a silly phrase people use to call someone a bit silly.

I wonder why I annoy you? Is it because I've touched a nerve somewhere? You not sure of yourself?

13. yantorsen

PermaBanned

ILKSC we're clearly not getting on and I'm willing to put aside our differences if you are, for the sake of civilised discussion. If I have caused offence from light hearted name calling then I am sorry, I cannot apologise for not sharing your opinion though.

14. Nitefly

Man of Honour

No, no one has to be right, even if somebody is.

If you think you are right, which is fine, flatly dismissing everyone elses opinion as wrong, to the point where they are all illogical, is worrying when we can't quantify anything.

15. yantorsen

PermaBanned

Well someone has to be right yes, but it's very destructive to claim you are unless you either state it as a belief or opinion and nothing else. That doesn't mean that it isn't actually fact, it just means not everyone agrees with you and saves you coming across offence and will generally be better for your own cause.

16. Clock.It

PermaBanned

Sorry i forgot about the false scripture which says "throw beach balls over your head to show your faith" instead of the real scripture which says:-

Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;
    Ephesians 5:19

17. ILKSC

PermaBanned

If you called someone a tool in the neighbourhood I grew up in, your face would be ruined.
    Oh man, I've really got to mean what I say.
    And I was doing sooooo well ignorning you.
    I hope we meet in heaven is all I've got left to say to you.

18. yantorsen

PermaBanned

Oh and sorry I forgot the bit which isn't in the bible which says "Jesus, God, and the Holy Spirit are all one in the trinity."

So what do you believe people who are dumb should do to worship?

Your such a fundamentalist, it's ridiculous, your blinded by it.

19. ILKSC

PermaBanned

I didn't actually mean it like that, but nevermind.

20. yantorsen

PermaBanned

wow! I'm converted!
    :rolleyes:

Is that threat? I don't really care if you were bought up somewhere like that, most modern inner cities are like that...

Nicely avoiding the hard questions again I see, good one.