Mechanical Keyboard

Associate
I've been looking at getting a mechanical keyboard for quite a while and have finally landed on MX Browns. What keyboards would you suggest for around the £100 mark? Obviously less is better but I realise you get what you pay for.

Thanks,
Andreas

Associate
I love my Corsair K70, aside from the switches (Cherry MX Red), but that's a personal preference so I won't ramble too much about it.

The back board is metal, the key switches sit above the backboard which makes it incredibly easy to clean if you have a tendency to eat at your computer :eek: - You could quite easily pop a bit of canned air under the keys without having to remove them to clear dust etc.

It also has a really nice media scroll wheel which I wish more keyboards had, it's my second favourite aspect of the keyboard... It may seem small and insignificant but if you change between a lot of audio sources often, it's easier to use that than it is to change the individual volume of said source. A little button to the side to mute it entirely, too.

My only downside about the keyboard is the CUE software, but I'm not sure if that's necessary if you don't get the RGB model. The CUE software isn't that bad but it becomes a little tedious from time to time.

Overall, great keyboard. Epic build quality, raised keys which don't sound good until you see them and clean them in person, media keys, and Corsair's CS makes this a great keyboard choice.

Underboss
may I ask why you went for Cherry Browns ? are you playing games with it ? if your playing games, I would think about getting black or red keys

you could rent the sampler out from the sampler thread to make a better decision

Permabanned
may I ask why you went for Cherry Browns ? are you playing games with it ? if your playing games, I would think about getting black or red keys

you could rent the sampler out from the sampler thread to make a better decision

brown have the same actuation force as reds but are tactile, blacks are actually more heavier than reds

Associate
OP
So I went with browns because I liked the tactile feedback of the blues but didn't care for the noise so browns were the logical decision.

In the end it came down to the K70 and the Strafe, the RGB isn't to my taste because I see it being amusing for the first few days but I expect after that I'd just leave it on one colour anyway.

So the choice was metal build and more expensive or plastic build and less expensive. The stingy in me won and I went with the Strafe and I couldn't be happier. The quality of the build is brilliant even though it's plastic and I love the browns so far.

Thanks for all the advice and help,
Andreas

Associate
So the choice was metal build and more expensive or plastic build and less expensive. The stingy in me won and I went with the Strafe and I couldn't be happier. The quality of the build is brilliant even though it's plastic and I love the browns so far.
Andreas

Not a bad choice at all :) Strafe's quality is still top notch similar to the K70, its just the tone down version because of the material used. I have one myself, and I have to say, it's a pretty good compromise between build quality and practicality.

My K70 has just failed as did my K65. I will be looking elsewhere now.
One failure didn't spoil my taste. But two.

Sorry to hear that. Did you take advantage of the warranty?

Back
Top Bottom