Media Streaming

Associate
Hi guys,

I've been trying to set up media centre for a while now and I've managed to get it all to work but the quality on streaming MKVs is just shocking. I know media centre doesn't natively support MKVs so that's not too much of a problem.

I'm trying to stream them to my xbox 360

I've found a few alternatives:

* PS3 Media Server (works with xbox 360)
* Tversity

I was wondering, has anybody tried the pro version of Tversity? The free edition gives me blocky video.

The Ps3 Media Server gives me great video quality but I can't get my music to stream properly.

I was just wondering what you guys do. I'm sure some of you are in the same boat as me.

Cheers

Associate
OP
I tried the above program and converted it into an mpg but when I tried to open it on Media Centre it just sent me back to the xbox dash board.

The file plays fine on my pc :(

Soldato
sorry to hijack a little but has anyone had stuttering when streaming a higher quality avi through wmc 360 extender?

res was 760 by xxx and was stuttering every few seconds.

Don
I got an external NAS drive and stick all music, vids on there and stream to my PS3 that way.

I have my PS3 connected via wired so never really suffer from stuttering neither.

Worth considering. The NAS drive is a LaCie jobby and it was about £100 for a 2tb one.

Associate
i had trouble with some mkvs to xbox...

anything over 8000kbp/s video feed gives blocky picture.

i use xenonmkv to convert the container to mp4. will retain quality!

Caporegime
tversity works great for me straming to an xbox360 , no blocky video on the free version.

verify your settings on the "transcoder" screen you can pick the connection speed and quality there aswell as set it to transcode only when needed.

maybe your tversity was transcoding to low quality when it didnt need to transcode.

Back
Top Bottom