Medical Studies

Soldato
Has anyone ever joined one?

I've been offered a position on 1, with a payout of just short of £2000, I'm currently only working part time, and studying. So the £2000 would be very helpful right now.

So I've given my contact details, and i'm going to investigate more into what will actually be required of me.

Soldato
Maybe you'll be required to have a certain diet and provide seminal fluid samples :p joking. Seriously though, you must have some idea if you're putting in for it?

Soldato
Er, I wouldn't.

it's "Testing" cures for things they give you, if by some chance the cure fails or has an adverse effect on you, it's in a contract you sign, they take no liability for anything that happens. So if your body has a bad reaction to whatever they give you, and you die, they take no responsability.

Good luck with it though.

Soldato
Wasn't there some guys s few years ago that did some medical study and they awoke up like the elephant man and died painful deaths? I certainly wouldn't do it!

Man of Honour
That would be incredibly unethical, and probably illegal. Phase I clinical trials are performed to test whether there are any serious adverse effects of a drug on a healthy person.

Aye you can't make other people ill, except bizarrely enough yourself. I think the guy (who in recent years won the Nobel prize for it) proved that most ulcers were caused by H Pylori, had to "infect" himself as so to speak.

Associate
Wasn't there some guys s few years ago that did some medical study and they awoke up like the elephant man and died painful deaths? I certainly wouldn't do it!

Yeah, i think all of his fingers and toes had to be amputated. I wouldn't do this if I were you!

Associate

U mean this chap?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1514518/Drug-test-man-tells-of-fury-at-doctors.html

If these are phase 1 or 2 trials, please avoid them.

With all the tree hugging brigades running about, you could be the first actual living thing this is tested in, since animal testing is getting increasingly difficult.

Phase 3 trials are ok, but generally you need to be afflicted with the condition the drug is being tested for.

Question is as always.... do you feel lucky? Well do ya, punk? :cool:

Back
Top Bottom