Megadeth - Rust in Peace BluRay

Associate
Anyone got the Megadeth Rust in Peace BluRay ?

I was so looking forward to this but unfortunately the 5.1 mix is a total abortion ! The low end is what can be best described as flabby and the left rear seems to be more like the left front speaker in what it is producing. Strangely there are 6 bonus songs not from RIP and the 5.1 mix sounds ok for those.

The stereo mix is ok so I find myself listening to that instead. The picture quality is good but there seem to be too many cuts from one shot to the next. Dave's vocals have quite obviously been overdubbed in places but I'm not surprised by that at all.

All in all a bit of a dissapointment :(

Associate
Well Dave can no longer sing, his voice is crap live. I saw the Big 4 thing and Dave just sounded awful.

I'll still buy that when it's out on BR though :)

Soldato
Didn't he go all weird, then 'remaster' that album? I've heard the original and a re-release and the new one was definitely lacking some beans.

Associate
OP
Didn't he go all weird, then 'remaster' that album? I've heard the original and a re-release and the new one was definitely lacking some beans.

All the albums were remastered however some vocal tracks for RIP were missing so had to be re-recorded. I think the bass was re-done also

Back
Top Bottom