megahalems or super mega ?

Associate
I've narrowed it don't to these 2 but don't know which one to go for . I also heard the megahalems is slightly better but what do you guys and gals think ?

Caporegime
The standard version as it's cheaper. I installed a super mega in my rig last night, nice cooler, but it cooled pretty much the same as the TRUE black it replaced.

Pic of it installed.
IMG_1555.jpg

Soldato
The standard version as it's cheaper. I installed a super mega in my rig last night, nice cooler, but it cooled pretty much the same as the TRUE black it replaced.

Setter, may I ask in which direction that yellow fan to the rear is pushing air?

edit: please ignore - its clearly pointed in the right direction - the weird blade shape threw me off.

Last edited:
Soldato
Super is only about 1-2c better apparently on load temps so i would say get the Megahalems with some high rpm fans.(i have it with dual apaches, cools pretty good on load temps since my room is hot i wish i went for http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FG-022-SY&groupid=701&catid=57&subcat=4 these instead as they are one of the best fans for it apparently.)

Also use the paste you get with it as it's supposed to be near the same level as the MX-3 so it's very good.

Soldato
So long as you applied the AS5 correctly it really isn't worth the hassle, imho.

Agreed. It gets expensive as well, the Megahalems costs £43 and if you want optimum cooling performance you need two fans in a push/pull configuration and if you buy those Asaka Apaches at £14 a time that’s another £28. Then if you buy custom compound say an MX3 or AS5 that’s £7 a throw and when you add all that up your new cooler has in fact cost you the best part of £80. That’s kind of sobering when you think about it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Agreed. It gets expensive as well, the Megahalems costs £43 and if you want optimum cooling performance you need two fans in a push/pull configuration and if you buy those Asaka Apaches at £14 a time that’s another £28. Then if you custom compound say an MX3 or AS5 that’s £7 a throw and when you add all that up your new cooler has in fact cost you the best part of £80. That’s kind of sobering when you think about it.

And that's why the Silver Arrow is so good! It comes with two fans already and thermal paste that's better than the MX-3.

But out of the two, I'd go with neither and get the Venomous X instead.

Back
Top Bottom