melanie hall's remains found after 13 years

Soldato
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bristol/8296122.stm

i remember when she went missing (being a bathonian) and thinking that she would turn up a few weeks later (be it dead or alive)

seems mad that her remains have been discovered this long after her disappearance.

i'm happy for her family finally being able to know what happened to her, even if it is grim, but sometimes it's better to have bad news than no news at all

Permabanned
I saw it on the front of the Western Daily on the way home from work. I know of the story because her dad was chairman of Bath City (or involved on the board) so I remember the story.

I hope that her discovery can bring fresh clues to the killer and I shudder to think that that poor girls remains have been in that same spot for years without being found. I've driven past it countless times and will think of her whenever I drive past in the future.

R.I.P. Melanie and I hope her family can get some closure from this after enduring such a dreadful time since.

Associate
even with all the advances in forensic science i think this could be a hard case to solve. I really hope they do, how can someone live for all those years and not drop any hints or clues to what they have done?

Permabanned
how can someone live for all those years and not drop any hints or clues to what they have done?

Probably because they don't want to get caught and imprisoned for murder! If you murder someone and initially get away with it you're not going to go around bragging about it are you?

Man of Honour
Probably because they don't want to get caught and imprisoned for murder!

I think what he meant is how could anyone do something like that and not leave clues.

Probably lucky as much as carefull with the forensics of today, here's to the hope whoever it is left behind something the police can use to catch them now the bones have been found.

Last edited:
Soldato
Wow, I remember reading loads about this in the paper when I moved down to Bath, amazing that they've found her after all this time. I can't help but think this is going to open a lot of old wounds for her family when they might have been coming to terms with it =/

Soldato
OP
i really hope they find this nasty ******* who did this, back when she disappeared it moved the city somewhat, even though i was only 12 when it happened, you got the feeling from most people you saw that they felt concern etc

this was sensationalist stuff for bath, as generally you get nothing like this happening there....

Back
Top Bottom