Mercedes CL65 AMG

Soldato
refuzion said:
Have these things really got like 740 ft lb of torque? Isn't this 300 more than the Mclaren F1? That madness :cool:
it also has 2 extra turbo's over the Mac, in that the F1 has none.
doing it the forced induction route is easy(er).
N/A is a lot more difficult especially when the car has to be driveable on public roads.

Associate
Spotted whilst havin a burger *drools*

DSC00125.jpg

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
If you love it but are on a budget the S-class coupes from around '95 might be worth a look. The 5.0 and 6.0's are reasonably potent too even though the car weighs about as much as my house.

Considered them myself, not quite the same but damn cheap for what they are and you'll still look like a gangster :p :D

Associate
I had my hands on only the second of these to hit the UK, was an AMG test car, still on german plates but RHD.

Pics galore on my photobucket account:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v130/TPCMike/Cars/

612bhp and absolutely stunning performance when you consider they can fit 5 adults in complete comfort, I just couldn't get over the price though, they come out at nearly 150k I believe which while half the cost of a 612bhp Mclaren F1 it's just not 150k's worth of car in my eyes.

One very amusing incident though, sitting on the M6 toll road in it we happened to come up behind at the time was a recently released DB9, saw the guy nosing in his mirror at the big silver benz sitting on his rear and he plonked his foot to the floor. 7 seconds later and approaching warp speed he was kinda shocked to see the big silver benz still hovering around his bumper. He pulled over and literally looked across with mouth wide open as we vanished off into the sunset. :D

I did post all this at the time along with pics and video, I'll see if I can find it all again.

IMGP0215.jpg

Having also driven the 55 I have to say I would prefer the 55 of the two, the 55's V8 roar beats the V12 Twin Turbo anyday, and the car is about 45k cheaper. 500bhp would do me. :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Mike said:
when you consider they can fit 5 adults in complete comfort

[nitpicking]
Unless they're different to my CL500 they'll only fit four as I found out to my cost when I lifted the rear seat's centre armrest to find a storage compartment rather than a seat. ;)
[/nitpicking]

Associate
Actually I'll confess I didn't get in the back personally, but we did have five of us in it with 6 foot lads in the back and none of em complained, they did in fact comment how comfy it was considering.

Soldato
Mike said:
Actually I'll confess I didn't get in the back personally, but we did have five of us in it with 6 foot lads in the back and none of em complained, they did in fact comment how comfy it was considering.

How did you get all of those nice motors in your photobucket album, do you work at mercedes?

Associate
The Boxster is mine, the BMW and Megane ( :o ) were mine.

The SL55 was my brothers who happened to be an AMG test driver hence the other motors, he's now some big cheese at Mercedes Parts UK.

Played with loads more than that, got pics and vids of thrashing round in SL55's, E55's, all sorts of AMG goodness.

Soldato
Mike said:
The Boxster is mine, the BMW and Megane ( :o ) were mine.

The SL55 was my brothers who happened to be an AMG test driver hence the other motors, he's now some big cheese at Mercedes Parts UK.

Played with loads more than that, got pics and vids of thrashing round in SL55's, E55's, all sorts of AMG goodness.

Lucky *******. :( :D

Back
Top Bottom