1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mercedes "DieselGate" class action suit

Discussion in 'Motors' started by GravyMonster, May 21, 2020.

1. Nasher

Capodecina

They should remove the ULEZ exemption, then they will see some complaints :p

2. Jez

Caporegime

Haha, my thoughts too!

Seriously though, on what basis could any of us be due any form of financial compensation? None of us have suffered any financial losses as a result of this (bar general diesel bad press and knock on residuals), therefore i find signing a legal agreement to be something that i am reluctant to do. The agreement is certainly not risk free as i read it. There are all sorts of clauses in there, many of which i wont pretend to understand the ramifications, if it dragged on and on and you got bored of potentially lots of cooperation.

3. Nasher

Capodecina

Well you might lose some used value depending on how much more people care about emissions in the next few years. It did put quite a dent in used VW diesel values.

4. Mrwong

Gangster

You purchased the car because it was more environmentally friendly, fuel consumption, devaluation of price when you resell it, harder to sell in the future.

5. Jez

Caporegime

You sound like a lawyer. I completely agree, this is outrageous, very strong points :D

6. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

What was the effect on fuel consumption?

7. Nasher

Capodecina

The cheat is to make fuel consumption BETTER :p

For years other manufacturers wondered how the Germans were getting such good emissions and MPG for the HP, now they know how. They actually didn't lol

8. Jumper118

Mobster

exactly, all these stupid emissions controls are just their to make the car good for the test they perform to get the rating, over the life of the car they make the car less efficient. the car is burning more fuel to send the gases through a restrictive, clogged up mess and choking on its own exhaust fumes. if anything the manufacturers and owners should be suing whoever made such rubbish tests.

9. Lashout_UK

Capodecina

Just wait until you see what the 2026 Euro 7 regulations might force manufacturers to do...