• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Merry xmas my 980ti hybrid just died what now

Associate
OP
I have given EVGA a nice email about the burning chemical smell concern like someone replied on here its worth a shot hey, thanks a lot for your replies much appreciated to you all for your time will sleep on it an decide what to do.

Ps whoever trusted me i can't seem to reply to you, i am not sure what im doing with the 980ti, it may be going back to them who knows.

Associate
OP
Associate
Completely understand where you're coming from.
If I was in same situation I'd probably take a look at some of the 2080s, they can be found for less than 700 and offer comparable performance to a 1080ti.

Soldato
get a used 10xx card, or one of the deals from ocuk for remaining 10xx stock, but they tend to be the less desirable models in stock like blower cards and minis.

Associate
OP
Well did not expect this, they have actually responded to my email, with it being so close to the date of expiry they want to see photos of the card and the damage, i have explained there's no damage outside the cooler housing and waiting on responce to what's next, i did said they're happy to smell the outlet as much as they want it stinks lol if they arrange to pick it up, see how it goes thanks for all the info lads will keep you all updated.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
If they refuse to take it claim on house insurance as it should cover it? I know my house insurance does anyway

There email below

I apologize for the trouble with your 980ti, there are no recalls on any of our products at this time. Can you please send photos of the damage to the card, we should be able to offer a one time replacement for this since you are just barely out of warranty.

Reading the email I think they doing something about it tbh. Not expecting anything but shall see.

Having a read yesterday, it seems there as been a few with similar problems, I am guessing something as burnt out on the board in the middle of the card the smell seems stronger to to the middle where others have stripped the coolers off, some have even started melting, would love to take it apart but better see what they say regarding this going to have to wait till is over.

G J

G J

Associate
Glad you got it sorted just out of warranty. :) What do you mean about not being able to reply to someones trust, did someone try and buy it off you?

Associate
OP
Glad you got it sorted just out of warranty. :) What do you mean about not being able to reply to someones trust, did someone try and buy it off you?

I think that was there plan yes, well it's took a few weeks of pain not having my pc working , after a few emails and pics EVGA have been amazing, they are sending me a 1080 hybrid to replace the 980ti hybrid that burnt out, it should be here Thursday it's on its way from Germany happy days.

That should get me through this year and gives the gfx cards time to settle to get the Ultimate 4k 60fps dream without paying the premium .

Evga customer for life ;)

Back
Top Bottom