Metal Music Absolutely..........SUCKS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
No point in trying to make someone understand why people like this or any type of music, some just don't get it and it will never appeal to them. My other half is the same. But posting on a Music section of a forum to provoke a response is borderline emo itself, nevermind trolling. Go listen to My Chemical Romance, you'll love it :p

Soldato
There are different types of metal.

I doubt the OP has lisntened to them all considering he's only mentioned a few.

Not to mention all the sub-genres in metal. Even my mother likes certain types of metal.

There are hundreds more on the list.

Eductate yourself before spouting nonsense OP.

Associate
I like the music cause it actually means something, to the composer, and to the audience.

Wait and bleed - Lyrics give the effect of dealing with a death
I know a lot of bands write lyrics telling the story of past events and emotions.

Then the songs have the ability to instantly change emotions, Alestorm as above will instantly make a group of people go crazy and start swinging to pirate music! Also the fact that you can go to any metal concerts and make great friends quickly, at a music festival such as sonisphere you could walk up to anyone and strike a conversation and make friends.

And no im not an emo :p!

EDIT: Just realised that that paragraph makes me sound really weird, basically most the "popular" music is about love in one way or another, metal covers lots of different areas of life, in a more interesting way.

Oh and if the vocalists are merely just screaming down a microphone then why don't you do it if its that easy money? It really does take a lot more work than that!

Last edited:
Associate
Death Star or Mount Doom, it depends on the day.
How do people listen to this king of Music like Slipknott, Killswitch Engage and that kind of tripe, ive been listening to it and its absolutely ****e.

Its grown men screaming down a mic words you cant understand, i mean WTF..............and im talking about all metal music with loud Drums and screaming in the back, its shocking how anyone can like it.

Who agrees with me

You do know that there are many different types of metal don't you??? So you have to be more specific what type you don't like! What tunes do you like???

Last edited:
Soldato
I am not saying metal is not music, but screaming down a mic with no melody is not music. He could be saying LALALALALALALALALALALLAAL, LALALALALLALA lalALAllala all the way through lol

Plus, why do they find the need to all grow their hair and dress in black?

I used to absolutely hate screaming, but have grown to accept or even like it from some bands. Machinehead being the first example I think of.

When done properly, screaming really adds to the feel of a song, and can be done in many different ways.
Screaming in a way like canibal corpse does for instance - or god forbid, waking the cadaver - doesn't add anything, and makes the lyrics meaningless.

I'm a big fan of metal, one of the reasons that drew me to it in the first place is the standard of musicianship is so much higher than other genres. If your a fan of good musicianship, its impossible to ignore the high levels of talent that these metal bands have.

I can't find the original article now, but a while ago I saw a study of different social groups, goth, chav, skater etc... Goths had a significantly higher IQ than the others. Go figure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom