Metal Music Absolutely..........SUCKS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
A bit OT, but have you heard of Ghost of a Thousand and The Bronx? Two of my favourite 'screamy' bands. I'm a bit like you in that the rest of the song needs to be pretty melodic for me to like harsher vocals.

<3 <3 <3 <3 Hardcore Punk. Unfortunately GOAT are no-more. And it was announced the other week that Frank Carter is leaving Gallows (but they're getting another singer). Loved The Bronx ever since I first heard And They Will Kill Us All (Without Mercy). If you're into Hardcore Punk you should try out Trap Them.

Caporegime
Im with the OP here, metal is seemingly crap. Nobody has posted anything in this thread to make me think different.

I have no need for the style, aggression or image in my life.
Most of the songs are hard to listen to at all.

As to the person going on about 'growing up', most people grow out of the rebellious part of their lives at a young age....

Caporegime

As to the person going on about 'growing up', most people grow out of the rebellious part of their lives at a young age....

Well in that case rap and hip hop is just for people who have no respect for women and like shooting each other.

Dance music is just for drug addicts.

Who agrees with me

Not me.

I feel the same about anything in the chart, it's ****.

Metal is awesome, talented musicians like those in Lamb of God could outplay the majority of the tripe in the charts all day long.

This thread smacks of troll anyway, each to their own I think it's probably the best way of looking at it.

I loathe and detest country music and Celiene Dion, I don't feel the need to make a thread about it though.

Soldato
o.O Somebody else who likes Sunn O))) - I love it when Atilla does vocals for them, would love to see them live, Drone music is extremely interesting.

I got into them due to Attila when he was the vocalist for Aborym.

EDIT - another for the BaN fan/newb, late night jamz with some weird French dudes. Black metal with whispers?!

They're really good at what they do, although some of their albums are pretty straightforward (see above) and some are particularly inaccessible (see MoRT).

Last edited:
Soldato
Im with the OP here, metal is seemingly crap. Nobody has posted anything in this thread to make me think different.

There's nothing "rebellious" about enjoying certain types of music, surely (unless you're <17)? People can be rebellious at an early age and listen to anything... for example the antithesis of what their parents do. That could be metal, rap, drum 'n' bass, hardcore german techno or freakin' Enya for all that it matters.

I'd tend to say that anyone into dance music needs to "grow up", as that's the music I listened to as a youngster before recognising actual musicianship. Still, I'd be wrong -- anyone has the right to listen to and enjoy whatever floats their boat. We're all, thankfully, different.

I hear similar regarding my love for all things horror, too. "Oh, I used to love watching horror movies and reading all those horror books... then I grew up!" yadda yadda.

Yeah, original punchline there, bud! Now you're all "grown up" and religiously watching Dancing with the Stars, X Factor, Deal or No Deal and countless other brain-dead TV ****fests - the epitome of mature, intellectual culture.

Many people just like to think they're "grown up" and belittle the interests of others so they can sleep better at night amidst their own soul-crushing banality.

Permabanned
Nobody ever grows up. They continue childish name calling and pseudo intellectual displays of their own self importance and opinions in an effort to be an Alpha. Human nature.

Soldato
I'll throw some positive vibes into this thread! A genuine thank you to all those that posted youtube videos in this thread, it has introduced me to some new bands that I never knew existed.

Soldato

Did you look at the vids I posted Morba?

Kamelot have no screaming and are very good, same for Xandria, Sirenia ( With new singer), Nightwish, Elvenking, Hammerfall, Olympus Mons, Sanota Arctica, Symphony X and Winthin Temptation.

All good bands without loads of screaming.

I'll throw some positive vibes into this thread! A genuine thank you to all those that posted youtube videos in this thread, it has introduced me to some new bands that I never knew existed.

Pleasure Tank, most of the metal I listen to isn't all screaming. Sure the odd part has growling but that's usually depicted by the evil charicter in the song. As in Epica's.

Here's more Metal, all with minimum amounts of screaming, or none what so ever.

Associate

Wow :eek: How I have not heard of this band up until this point? Thank you :)

I really need to start listening to more bands coming through as I was checking out the wiki pages of bands I like and I tend to be listening to stuff from the 90's and 2000's and only a handful of newer bands.

More Folk, Melodic DM, Doom and Black Metal please :*

Last edited:
Soldato
Wow :eek: How I have not heard of this band up until this point? Thank you :)

I really need to start listening to more bands coming through as I was checking out the wiki pages of bands I like and I tend to be listening to stuff from the 90's and 2000's and only a handful of newer bands.

More Folk, Melodic DM and Black Metal please :*

Hope you enjoy these folk metal bands. Warning* Korny to the n' degree hahaha.

Associate
Hope you enjoy these folk metal bands. Warning* Korny to the n' degree hahaha.

Has to be korny to be folk though ;) As I've got older, I certainly appreciate instruments other then guitars and drums now. Has more melody then just machine gun drumming and pounding on a guitar in synch although I do like that as well.

Surprised I actually enjoyed them all as I think I'm quite fussy. Was a bit put off by Goblin Song at first, I think it was the lai la hei chanting which is to OTT for me but once you get past that its a brilliant song and I checked out another song to confirm they are my cup of tea.

I was checking out their discographies whilst listening to them and its a shame a couple are disbanded and only brought out 1-2 albums. I think clean vocals fit folk metal more then harsh ones. Probably why I enjoy listening to Blind Guardian over Ensiferum and Finntroll *edit* then again BG are considered Power Metal but they're quite folkish lyrically.

Thanks, you've just added 6 bands to my list of likes :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom