• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Metro 2033 Screen Tearing

Associate
Forgive me if this has already been covered. I have had a search about but can't seem to find a solution that works.

I really want to play Metro 2033 but the screen tearing is stopping me from sticking with it for more than a couple of minutes :mad: I read somewhere about forcing VSYNC through rivatuner / afterburner which I have tried and although the fps counter shows as 60.1 I still get tearing to the extent that I cannot bear to play the game which is a shame because by all accounts it looks gorgeous when the picture isn't mullered.

Does any one know of a fix that works? :crossesfingers: :)

Mods - if this should be in "games" feel free to move. Thank you

Last edited:
Soldato
I also tried a lot to get vync working and nothing helps. D3DOverrider with this my game just crashes, only thing that improved it for me was afterburner fps limiter set to 59.

Associate
OP
Thank you for the reply. I have tried afterburner at 60 and 59 and still get terrible tearing. Shame because it is such a beautiful game :mad: Amazed that a game that is this old has not been fixed by the developers...

Associate
OP
I am sorry for dragging this up again possibly in the wrong section but I did get it working with no tearing using D3DOVERIDER by forcing vsync. So glad I perceviered. (I know that is prob spelt really wrong) :D

Soldato
I am sorry for dragging this up again possibly in the wrong section but I did get it working with no tearing using D3DOVERIDER by forcing vsync. So glad I perceviered. (I know that is prob spelt really wrong) :D

thats good to hear. How did you get D3DOVERIDER working? you have a download link for file you used. thanks

Back
Top Bottom