micro sd cards

Soldato
I always seem to use Sandisk cards most of the time, and go for class 10 just to make sure there are no issues with recording.

However, I've also some generic class 4 cards and i've had no issues with them when I've used them in the gopro with the kids.

Associate
Strangely enough I have also just purchased a GoPro Hero Black 4, and wow what a great little action camera.

I wish I had this many years ago when I was doing Karting, canoeing, parachuting, cycling plus the other mental sports I got up to ,…lol

Apart from 64GB Micro SD card I need to get for the GoPro I also need the Suctions mount and head band

Is there any third party makes for the accessories as the GoPro branded items are very expensive ! ?

Associate
I always use Sandisk or Lexar and never had any issues (but have with non-branded ones), but be aware that iirc for the highest res modes, you need top spec cards (Class 10 UHS-3 from memory). To be honest, the price of fast 64GB cards is so low now, there's almost little point in getting slow ones.

Depends slightly on which camera you have too. GoPro card advice

Edit: For some reason assumed you meant you'd bought a GoPro! I guess similar advice applies to other cameras though with regard to card quality and speed.

Soldato
OP
picked up a san disk ultra class 10. was a good price.

mines a SJ4000 camera cheap chinese version of the gopro. picked it up in a chinese new year sale for £20.

Looks good enough for a holiday camera

Soldato
Strangely enough I have also just purchased a GoPro Hero Black 4, and wow what a great little action camera.

I wish I had this many years ago when I was doing Karting, canoeing, parachuting, cycling plus the other mental sports I got up to ,…lol

Apart from 64GB Micro SD card I need to get for the GoPro I also need the Suctions mount and head band

Is there any third party makes for the accessories as the GoPro branded items are very expensive ! ?

Just check ebay, they are all the same really. I've had a mix of both.

Annoyingly, the only thing to have broken is the official connector that attached the gopro to the adapters, the small plastic bit just snapped :(

Soldato
This is probably a bit late, but the Lexar 64GB class 10 UHS-I (95MB/s) is fast and comes with a USB 3.0 adaptor for transferring files quickly. Otherwise the Sandisk Extreme UHS-I U3 (90MB/s) is a great card too. However both those cards are more expensive than the action cam you bought!

Man of Honour
Sandisk has always worked for me.

Kingston and Samsung not so reliable.

Never buy memory from eBay.

I've never (so far) had a problem with Kingston bought from official sources (have almost a dozen of the 64GB SDXC Class 10 and some of of the newer UHS Class 1 ones some of which have been in fairly heavy use for a couple of years or so) - know some people who've had issues but also bought from ebay, etc. so chances are they are fakes (though Kingston are less often faked compared to other brands).

Sandisk seems to be the recommendation for photography uses though - while I've not had any issues with using the Kingstons with my smartphone cameras including the latest one that can do 4K 30fps recording they are generally regarded as better for large file transfers/smartphone/tablet use and not as optimal for photography as the Sandisk extreme.

Last edited:
Soldato
Never had a problem with any of my various memory cards bought from Amazon, eBay, etc.

Kingston, SanDisk, Samsung, Integral, Toshiba, Lexar to name a few.

All much of a muchness once you get to Class 10 rating, UHS-I, etc. Not sure I understand the elevated status that SanDisk seem to hold on here.

The device you're actually using them with will play half the part of determining what kind of speeds you get.

Back
Top Bottom