Microphone Advise

Associate
I know the Elgato arm comes with a weight just in case you have a fairly light microphone.

But also looking online the Wave 1 apparently weighs more than my AT2020, kind of surprising since I think the AT2020 is a bit of a hefty boy.

Associate
I'm also looking for a mic, I think I'm going to go for the Rode Podmic with an Elgato Wave XLR. I'm hoping there will be some good offers on Black Friday.
Great mic for £100 (not including the Wave XLR) and hopefully it goes on a even more bargain price for Black Friday (I reckon it might go down to roughly £70 if you're lucky).

Not seen too much on the Wave XLR, I watched on quick video and it looks decent as it uses the same program as the Wave mics.

Associate
@Mr G I purchased the InnoGear arm thats £38. Quality arm, its actually pretty long (there is a smaller version) and its sturdy as ****. It started off pretty stiff but has loosened a bit over the last few days. Would recommend this arm, seems to be the same as the Rode PSA1 but half the price.

Associate
Currently am using a 2nd hand Blue Yeti, its good but very sensitive. At the moment am waiting for Black Friday to bag me one of those rode boom arm and shock mount as this mic can hear my keystrokes.

Associate
Currently am using a 2nd hand Blue Yeti, its good but very sensitive. At the moment am waiting for Black Friday to bag me one of those rode boom arm and shock mount as this mic can hear my keystrokes.
If the Rode arm doesnt go on offer, I would recommend this one its a similar design and its really good. And its half the price of the Rode one anyway.

Soldato
Mr G, Did you buy the Wave 1? If so, How are you getting on with it? I'm currently looking at buying a Wave 3, Someone locally is selling one with a boom arm for £80.

Associate
There's also the Yeti Nano. I've been using the larger Yeti Blue though and the sound quality has been amazing. It's very sensitive though so I had to use it with Nvidia's Broadcast app since Discord's Krisp wasn't doing a good job filtering out unneeded noise (eg when I use my keyboard, outside traffic, etc).
I had this too.

Back
Top Bottom