Microsoft buying Activision (World of Warcraft, Call of Duty etc)

Soldato
I am gonna bet money on it now. The WoW subscription model will be put under the Gamepass, HUGE boost in numbers to the gamepass model as well as WoW players seeing a tiny price increase but a huge game library added.

Associate
It's a big number for sure but it's less then 5% of Microsoft's total market cap.

It's not a done deal, there will be a lot of legal hurdles around anti trust and competition laws to overcome before this becomes a reality.

It will happen, there will be pretend legal hurdles but it will go through, no doubt.

As for WoW coming to console, never. Wouldn't be possible on a controller imo though I wouldn't be against the idea.

Associate
Gamepass is going to be quite some platform soon in terms of the games on it. When you consider the IPs of MS, Activision, Blizzard, Bethesda and some EA games and soon some Ubisoft titles. Gamepass is going to be a no brainer in terms of the games on it. Theres going to be so many day one games for barely any cost at all

You really think they are going to massively increase the content and keep the price the same ?

Man of Honour
OP
You really think they are going to massively increase the content and keep the price the same ?

No, I personally expect them to either raise the price or possibly do a two tier price system, similar to EA Basic and EA Pro. However you're missing my point, my point is that there are many deals around at the moment where you can get 3 years of gamepass for what works out as £1 a month, so if people have any braincells they will sign up for those deals now and thereby protect themselves against any raises for the next X years.

Soldato
Yes I am; it still uses the Microsoft Store infrastructure, so sometimes installs/downloads get stuck as before and need to be restarted or don't want to install for god knows what reason; it also still doesn't handle big queues of games set to download overnight/parallel installs/parallel install and uninstalls that well, as it still seems to be essentially 'single target focused/single task bound' for example; but otherwise it works exactly as it says on the tin; games install in your chosen folder as normal game installs. Much preferable to me to the whole hidden/locked partitions and folders used previously; which could cause major issues with locked partitions/space etc if something went wrong or the Microsoft store registry etc messed up. It's a major step towards removing one of the major obstacles I had towards using Gamepass; and the beta has delivered in that regards. Yes, they still need to improve thier download/install system, but major step forwards. It's no steam in how well it works, and download speed etc, but it really is a big improvement.

And yes, this means we could see new RTS; given MS only just published Age of Empires 4; they now have the IP, knowledge, and teams to even lift the Warcraft or Starcraft franchise directly away from Blizzard if they feel they have another internal team that could do it greater justice; rather than the half ****ed cheap remaster/port thing that Warcraft 3 Reforged turned out to be.

Also means down the line they could also potentially take another shot at Movie or TV shows based on these franchises; as per the upcoming Fallout/Halo shows; one thing Blizzard always did was exceptional CGI (or thier partners).
I do suffer from this sometimes too, almost like a phantom program is eating up your space.

Soldato
I've not tried windows store for a while, it was awful for gow, sea of thieves so gave up but great if it's much better now. Can you play other people if they are on steam or does everyone have to be on windows store?

Soldato
No, I personally expect them to either raise the price or possibly do a two tier price system, similar to EA Basic and EA Pro. However you're missing my point, my point is that there are many deals around at the moment where you can get 3 years of gamepass for what works out as £1 a month, so if people have any braincells they will sign up for those deals now and thereby protect themselves against any raises for the next X years.

I agree, gamepass is too cheap with all the content already and that which is coming.

the prices will go up the only question is when and by how much.

Locking yourself in now is a great idea, I've already subbed to 3 years of gamepass and I used the conversion trick which still works (you buy Xbox gold subscription which is much cheaper and then in your account it lets you convert it to gamepass for $1)

Back
Top Bottom