Microsoft "Games for Windows" whats it all about ?

I'm quite worried about this, I've been looking at a few games sites and when checking what platform they are being released on it states for example "360, PS3 & Windows Vista :confused: , surely it should be saying PC, what are microsft trying to archeive by this whole "games for Windows" malarky, I can't help feeling this is a ploy to try and somehow monopolise the PC gaming industy and take control (adusts tin foil hat), five years down the line I would'nt be suprised if you will need an xboxlive acc to play PC games online :rolleyes: , what do you guys think, do you think Microsft have somthing up there sleeve in regards to this or do you think they are genuinly just trying to make the PC gaming experiance better ?

Associate
lowrider007 said:
five years down the line I would'nt be suprised if you will need an xboxlive acc to play PC games online

the way things are going you will be playing a lot of pc games with live

Something for the PC :
Most hardcore pc gamers believe that Halo is overrated, but nobody argues that Gears of War is one of the best games ever made. Guess what? Gears of War is Coming to PC this holiday season with five new single player chapters, an in-game map editor, and new multiplayer modes, arenas, and achievements. More interestingly, GoW will be playable on windows XP as well as Windows Vista.

Uh, Viva Pinata too will be ported to PC. Also Sega, Eidos, and THQ had promised more than a dozen Windows Live titles (total) from the three by the end of the year. Meanwhile, Microsoft had partnered with Epic Games to add Games For Windows - Live support to Epic's Unreal Engine 3.

looks like a lot of the companies are heading that way

Don
just a new logo for the sleeve, the PCCD logo looks crap anyway

more and more of the newer games will start saying Games for Vista as they become dx10 only

Caporegime
I'd imagine 90% of pc games are for windows only anyway. So all it is a label signifying the os it works on and is optimised for, nothing more. Plus it will stop idiots who have bought a mac trying to play normal pc games on it.

Associate
nobody argues that Gears of War is one of the best games ever made

Replace nobody with most people. I'd say most hardcore PC gamers don't have/use the console, never mind a 360 and so have never played GoW. I've played GoW on my brothers 360. I wouldn't say it was revolutionary or one of the best games ever.

My opinion obviously.

Soldato
Games for windows pass several tests to make sure they support Widescreen, vista x64 and x86, xbox 360 controller ( I think ) and some other stuff if they don't pass it they won't get it, It's a kind label to ensure it passes certain standards.

Permabanned
Rincewind said:
i found it odd that overlord isn't games for windows compatible...
Yeah it works perfect with the 360 pad it's all mapped out and everything even vibration.

Also it supports Vista x86/64 and widescreen.

Back
Top Bottom