1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We recommend you enable 2FA on your OcUK forum account. Please see the thread here
    Dismiss Notice

*** Microsoft Windows 11 Thoughts & Discussion Thread ***

Discussion in 'Windows & Other Software' started by Bouton Aide, 3 Jun 2021.

1. V F

Capodecina

It's definitely PTT on Intel. Is there a settings menu under your BIOS?

2. PC777

Hitman

There is a settings menu but it's just the same as the manual as I quoted in my earlier post, no mention of PTT in it.

I've just been using the manual for research now, can always have a look in bios later but pretty sure it's just the same as manual. That other guy that had PTT had a better motherboard than I do I think.

3. darael

Mobster

Nor do they want to be running old hardware either. ;)

4. PC777

Hitman

Got my TPM chip on its way for next week, will update topic with my experience with it, should be an easy install in my build, won't even need to take GPU out.

I seriously doubt MS would be that stupid that people will all need to get these chips for Windows 11, surely they could do a software solution for older tech?

But glad I picked one up either way, thanks again posters in this topic.

For a small price I can charge as a business expense, will be interesting to see if it works.

5. JohnG7

Perma Banned

Hope it works as some do not work on other vendors i.e. pure example MSI on Asus etc.

6. V F

Capodecina

Yeah, the chips only vary from £10 - £12.

7. PC777

Hitman

Should be no worries on mine hopefully, as it's the Asus' official one going on Rog Strix.

8. Malevolence

Capodecina

9. thenewoc

Sgarrista

10. Infidelus

Wise Guy

I used to look after a bunch of laptops that we had to enable TPM on as it was MoD equipment. Just checked and my MOBO does have a TPM module connector, not that I have any intention of buying the module. Guess I won't be installing WindIOS on this PC. Linux it stays :p

11. Defiant306

Wise Guy

I cant even find a seller with stock of the GC-TPM2.0 or GC-TPM2.0_S Gigabyte TPM modules I would need for my Z97 and Z390 boards :(

12. throwaway4372

Gangster

Wouldn't be surprised if the OEMs bought them all tbh. Can't have ppl keeping their current hardware. /tinfoilhat

13. V F

Capodecina

From what I've found, a known competitor has them on pre-order.

14. Bouton Aide

Caporegime

15. roddypoddy

Hitman

Did the gpt thing a month ago, just changed some setting's in the bios, and i can now run w11, earlier run was a no. Msi mpg x570 pro carbon wifi motherboard.

16. Malevolence

Capodecina

The old solutions are the best solutions. I turned the TPM off and on again, and now.

[​IMG]

17. opethdisciple

Capodecina

I found them yesterday for Gigabyte. GC-TPM2.0_S.

Am I allowed to say? Do OcUK stock these things?

Just to a Google search for GC-TPM2.0_S its in the list of results.

18. opethdisciple

Capodecina

So what chance does my 3570k and Z77-UD3h PC have?

I have a TPM header but no TPM chip.

I had a look in the BIOS yesterday and there is currently no mention of TPM in the BIOS.

I doubt if TPM 2.0 is even compatible with this PC, so it might have to be TPM 1.2 if I can find a module that works.

I assume if I sort that out to at least TPM 1.2, switch to GPT and UEFI bios I should be good to go.

19. pp111

Perma Banned

Must confess that when I heard about this my heart sank. I am not at all excited, on the contrary, I have no doubt that there will be way more privacy issues and advertising and so on. It took me weeks with 10 to find out how to turn off and unistall all the rubbish, I don't look forward to doing that again.

20. pp111

Perma Banned

I second that. I have the app store disabled. I have absolutely no interest in it at all. I don't need apps and if I do I just go on the internet to research them.