1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** Microsoft Windows 11 Thoughts & Discussion Thread ***

Discussion in 'Windows & Other Software' started by Bouton Aide, 3 Jun 2021.

1. Armageus

Don

Afaik 22000.194 was already confirmed to be what was shipping to OEM's as the final build.

I wouldn't count on it - pretty sure the delay is due to the new taskbar and right click menu being a botch that sits "on top" of the existing menu functionality

2. mrk

Man of Honour

Yeah I just noticed that, the old context menu is still there and opens much quicker than the new one when you tap it. It's not something many would notice I think outside the realms of power users and people who notice those little things lol. I suppose it is what it is. I read just now that MS have locked down the new context menu and no third party apps can put stuff there to clutter it up, I bet that has something to do with it as well.

I'll have a play with the various taskbar mods at some point I guess, just need something that is productive going forwards.

3. warbringerpt

Associate

You mean like this? https://www-tomshardware-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.tomshardware.com/amp/how-to/windows-11-classic-context-menus?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQIKAGwASCAAgM=#aoh=16332742535748&csi=0&referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=De %1$s&ampshare=https://www.tomshardware.com/how-to/windows-11-classic-context-menus

Haven't tried it yet, ever since my gpu died I have been avoiding the desktop...

4. MeatLoaf

Capodecina

I cant get that MCT to work off github so will wait for tomorrow and hopefully microsoft will update there MCT.

Has anyone got an X-Fi Titanium PCI-E running under Win11?

5. mrk

Man of Honour

6. Quartz

Capodecina

Remind me, how is Microsoft monetising Windows 11?

7. vapor matt

Wise Guy

shame making the task bar smaller isn't in win 11, to BIG and annoying !!!!!!!!

8. ChrisD.

Caporegime

Is there a way to make right click on the task bar to behave as it did in Windows 10? I quite often bring up Task Manager and it's annoying to have to aim for a small Windows icon on a 34" Ultrawide monitor.

9. Ad_Augendae

Gangster

ctrl+shift+esc ?

10. vapor matt

Wise Guy

No way to make the task bar small in win 11 unless you use a registry hack. dam big task bar, i like the small one.

11. scubes

Mobster

I've only had virus definitions as updates has anyone else had these ? And I'm on the final build 194.

12. mrk

Man of Honour

This is the Windows quality update I've had on 11 so far:

[​IMG]

13. Slam62

Sgarrista

Yeah that's all I've had

14. Ad_Augendae

Gangster

Yep thats the latest, and we wait....

15. AthlonXP1800

Mobster

16. Servo

Wise Guy

17. ic1male

Caporegime

Ta, I'm guessing we want English International version?

18. ScoobyDoo

Mobster

That was quick. USB drive created for a fresh install. Been running the insider preview with no issuesb ut always prefer a clean install for a new OS.
    Done.. new install and all working ok so far, I'll finish with it tomorrow now but smooth sailing so far.
    I'm sure the Microsoft servers will be getting hammered in a few hours time, luckily for us it was an early release

Last edited: 5 Oct 2021
  19. mrk

Man of Honour

Just running through the in-place upgrade over the github mct version and this time I see no warning that my CPU is not supported. Interesting...

20. chroniclard

Capodecina

Gaming boot I just left the insider program and its gone onto the release version. Work boot I am stuck on the dev channel build, cba reinstalling for now. :cry: