Microwave cooking

Soldato
Never been big on microwaves tbh, but anyway, I would appreciate it if someone could enlighten me on how to make scrambled eggs in a 700w microwave. (always done it on the hob previously).

I assume its something along the lines of "beat some eggs and heat". But would appreciate the specifics. Cheers. :cool:

And any other microwave tips and tricks also appreciated. ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
2 eggs in a measuring jug, whisk them, put a couple of fluid ounces of milk in (you dont have to, but I prefer it) salt, pepper. Get a plate, put it over the top of the jug, in the microwave, put it on for 2 minutes, take it out give it a stir, put it in for another minute (it might need to be a bit longer, you basically want all the egg to have solidified) and then scoff.
Job done.

Man of Honour
In a word - don't. Doing it in the hob is so much better and easier - the secret of scrambled eggs is to make sure that they don't set too much or that it doesn't burn the egg at the bottom of the pan.

Microwaves are great for defrosting, reheating, or even cooking/steaming veggies. Anything else is heresy IMO.

Soldato
In a word - don't. Doing it in the hob is so much better and easier - the secret of scrambled eggs is to make sure that they don't set too much or that it doesn't burn the egg at the bottom of the pan.

Microwaves are great for defrosting, reheating, or even cooking/steaming veggies. Anything else is heresy IMO.

Listen to what Frenchie here says, they know how to cook. :p

Associate

This man is 100% correct.

Permabanned
I've been doing scrambled eggs in the microwave for years, it works great.

1. Whisk up some eggs in a pyrex jug, add salt/pepper to taste and a small chunk of butter.

2. Microwave on full power for 1 min, remove and whisk again.

3. Microwave on ful power for 1 min, remove and whisk again.

4. Repeat 2 & 3 etc, dropping the time to 30s at a time if necessary. The eggs will cook a bit more each time and the aim is to get them well mixed and only just cooked, so they're a little moist still. If you go even 20s too long they'll end up dry and hard and looking more like insulation foam.

It's really quite easy, you just need to keep a close eye on them like you would cooking something on the hob. You can't just set it to nuke for 3 mins and walk away.

:)

Put them in to soak straight after youve used them, and then clean them soon after, and you will be fine. Get some non stick ones if you havent got them.

yeah do this, there is no pointin having rubbish scramble eggs just so you don't have to clean something which isn't hard if you simple put water in the pot straight after your done.

Capodecina
Soldato
Put them in to soak straight after youve used them, and then clean them soon after, and you will be fine. Get some non stick ones if you havent got them.

Exactly - same with mashed potatoes.

As soon as you've finished cooking in the pot, give it a quick once-over with water and a washing-up brush. Should take you all of five seconds. It'll save you a lot of hassle later.

And please - for the love of God - don't cook scrambled eggs in a microwave.

Back
Top Bottom