Middle-Earth: Shadow of War

Soldato
I fought the same Orc 4 or 5 times as the bloody thing kept coming back after I thought I'd killed it! I think it might be dead properly now as last we thought I cleaved it in half :D

V F

V F

Soldato
IIRC this sometime happened in the first game until you actually beheaded them.

Still doesn’t make sense if you explode its head. I’ve seen the same orc come back in the space of 3 minutes at a time after throwing him off 50ft ledges, cutting him in half, shanking him to death and causing his head to explode.

“Good I get to kill you again!” :D

Associate
Still doesn’t make sense if you explode its head. I’ve seen the same orc come back in the space of 3 minutes at a time after throwing him off 50ft ledges, cutting him in half, shanking him to death and causing his head to explode.

“Good I get to kill you again!” :D
True. I have to admit, last night when I played, one of the orcs kept escaping every time the final execution scene appeared (circle with the key prompt when they are crouched in defeat). This happened three times in a row, so wonder if some of the orcs play a part further along the story so have to be kept alive?

V F

V F

Soldato
Pash the Blade Master was like that and became my nemesis in Shadow of Mordor. He kept killing me with his poisonous blade. He levelled up to 20. Finally killed him a lot later after cutting his head off which was a long battle as he had no weaknesses. He came back during the end of the game with my branded orc army. He was leading the other army up on the hill before the tower fight. :eek:

Associate
True. I have to admit, last night when I played, one of the orcs kept escaping every time the final execution scene appeared (circle with the key prompt when they are crouched in defeat). This happened three times in a row, so wonder if some of the orcs play a part further along the story so have to be kept alive?

Different Orc's have different epic traits. One of them is the ability to escape death on the final execution.

Liking this so far. Only just cleared the second area and I've heard all these are just,more or less, tutorial areas (big ones at that) and its not until 30hrs+ in that the true map reveal itself. Lots of Orc's to kill then :D

V F

V F

Soldato
Never even occurred to me that one, thanks!
What I'm not liking is the captains ability to adapt during a fight. Lot harder game than the first one!

Heh! He even says so during the fights. Did you come across one with a big swinging chain and one that keeps creating explosions with fire? Both had huge shields.

Associate
Is it just me, during the last chance mode when youre on your knees and a circle with a prompt appears, it never ever works for me if its a mouse button press. If its a keyboard prompt it works everytime. Ive tested it loads now and it never works. My mouse buttons are functioning fine!

Soldato
Is it just me, during the last chance mode when youre on your knees and a circle with a prompt appears, it never ever works for me if its a mouse button press. If its a keyboard prompt it works everytime. Ive tested it loads now and it never works. My mouse buttons are functioning fine!

On a console? ;)

I was going to hold off on this game till the one X came out I am now 30hrs in over the weekend on the PC version (play anywhere is such a good system shame about the MS store).

IF the end game being a grind is true then at least i can do that on the One X though I'm not rushing through the story missions and have great fun in the process.

Associate
Picked this up at weekend even though I didn't play the original. Absolutely loving it so far.

The combat is pretty satisfying, very fluid animations but I've had to up the difficulty now I've unlocked a few skills as it was getting a bit easy. Much more challenging and enjoyable on nemesis and I'm not normally the type to play
on hard.

Had some great moments on it. Playing in the pits yesterday (aka Porcemon) and jumped in to dominate an orc that had just wiped the floor with mine. Mid battle one of my captains appears with a knife at my warlords throat and betrays me, slitting the warlords throat. Immediately another captain decides to appear and betray me, but he has a fear of caragors and paps himself when he clocks one in the pit.

He runs off with me chasing after the weasel determined to punish his disloyalty. I catch and start whaling on him when suddenly another captain turns up, whacking me on the back of the head as he announces his betrayal.

Then while fighting all 4 captains my nemesis turns up as well. Absolute madness ensued and I loved every minute of it :)

V F

V F

Soldato
Picked this up at weekend even though I didn't play the original. Absolutely loving it so far.

The combat is pretty satisfying, very fluid animations but I've had to up the difficulty now I've unlocked a few skills as it was

Then while fighting all 4 captains my nemesis turns up as well. Absolute madness ensued and I loved every minute of it :)

This is the thing I love about these games. Everyone has their own adventure.

Soldato
Is there anyway to 'clear' an area? I'm still near the start of the game, i've killed all the captains on the map but the area is still swarming with Orcs and shows up as red on the map.

V F

V F

Soldato

True, they will come back and fill the area. Or a new captain will appear somewhere. I have cleared that bushy grass area in act one but it only lasted about maybe 30 seconds or so and they started spawning. It’s like Agen Smith clones.

Soldato
See the sales for this are significantly down on the last game, thats a shame cause its a really good game. The negativity of the YouTube hate for clicks brigade look to have got what they wanted.

Soldato
See the sales for this are significantly down on the last game, thats a shame cause its a really good game. The negativity of the YouTube hate for clicks brigade look to have got what they wanted.

Don't blame the messengers. The publishers knew the loot boxes were going to get them negative press, they just assumed they could make more cash off them than lost via bad publicity. Punishing publishers for anti-gamer decisions is a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom