Migrant numbers 'must be reduced'

Caporegime

The number of migrants allowed into the UK under the points system may have to be reduced because of the economic crisis, an immigration minister says.

Phil Woolas told the Times immigration became an "extremely thorny" subject when people were losing their jobs.

"It's been too easy to get into this country in the past and it's going to get harder," he said.

Beeb.

Man of Honour
Horse and bolted.

This from the same government that have accused those calling for more stringent immigration controls as racist. There seems no depth to their hypocrisy.

:rolleyes:

Soldato
How will raising the cost of labour help the country in a time of recession?

I have no problem with people wanting to come to this country to work. Anyone who is willing to put in the effort and who wants to build a better life for themselves and their children is welcome to come here. Those who are not willing to work should find themselves in a deeply undesirable situation very quickly.

The problem are those who simply take this country for all it's worth. Those benefit leeches are deeply unpatriotic, and at worst down right contemptuous towards the country they live in. By any other measure, that would be treasonous.
These people are often born in this country, regardless of what the red-top newspapers like to say.

RDM

RDM

Soldato
Won't really make all that much difference as we are a member of the EU so as many EU residents can come here as they like.

Soldato
What about the people who have lost their jobs this last 6 months, are they benefit leechs to? The rampant immigration over the last lot of years means that there is very little room in the job market left in which they can get back into employment. As this point system doesn't apply to the EU it will make very little difference.

Soldato
I was mostly referring to the cradle-to-grave benefit recipients, or those simply too bone idle to get a job.

Obviously if you've been working and have fallen on hard times you're entitled to benefits, that's what you paid your taxes for.

There are plenty of jobs available, whether or not they are desirable is another matter entirely. Probably not enough to employ every working age man and woman, but enough for the people who want to work to do exactly that.

Soldato
migrants lol, just call them immigrants, why use migrants, no one cares about english people leaving. damn pc idiots.

Yup and as said we are part of the EU, not much we can do, owever when there are no jobs they might just go home, please don't tell me they can claim dole...

Soldato
What about the people who have lost their jobs this last 6 months, are they benefit leechs to? The rampant immigration over the last lot of years means that there is very little room in the job market left in which they can get back into employment. As this point system doesn't apply to the EU it will make very little difference.

migrants lol, just call them immigrants, why use migrants, no one cares about english people leaving. damn pc idiots.

Yup and as said we are part of the EU, not much we can do, however when there are no jobs they might just go home, please don't tell me they can claim dole...

Stick to reading the Daily Mail.

Oh yeah, also, immigrants aren't taking all your jobs. Where the hell did you read that from?

The so-called 'rampant' immigration doesn't mean jack; can you specify exactly what professions poor ickle white people have been 'forced' out of?

I can name one profession. Bankers. Oh dear, pity for them. Shame that has nothing to do with immigration.

Plus, I don't give a damn about English people leaving the country. They can go burn for all I care. All they want to do is screw around in places like Dubai and make idiots of themselves.

Soldato
Stick to reading the Daily Mail.

Oh yeah, also, immigrants aren't taking all your jobs. Where the hell did you read that from?

The so-called 'rampant' immigration doesn't mean jack; can you specify exactly what professions poor ickle white people have been 'forced' out of?

I can name one profession. Bankers. Oh dear, pity for them. Shame that has nothing to do with immigration.

Plus, I don't give a damn about English people leaving the country. They can go burn for all I care. All they want to do is screw around in places like Dubai and make idiots of themselves.

A recession means less jobs. Bankers are the first then the rest follows. why are you mentioning white people, you seem to have race issues, I suggest you read the Daily Mail.

Neither do I care about white people leaving. I am talking about anyone who has come here for work and now cannot get it. I was simply pointing out that immigration means in and emmigration means out, migration is ambiguous. So why do they use this term when we know they are talking about immigration.

I have no issues with people that have paid into the system getting dole, from the UK or from the EU, it just depends how much, does working here for 6 months mean you should be able to claim dole for the next 5 years?

Soldato
I have no issues with people that have paid into the system getting dole, from the UK or from the EU, it just depends how much, does working here for 6 months mean you should be able to claim dole for the next 5 years?

But who does this is? I mean, the last time I heard, immigration supposedly boosts our economy; read this (it's just the first article I found, I've merely linked it for a general statement):

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/2621595/Immigration-is-big-boost-for-economy.html

Plus, I am white and white people irritate me, so I don't see how that counts as a race issue. I'm so tired of people picking out small incidents and attaching them to a whole group of people. How do you or anyone else know that it's not white people born in this country who are leeching from the country more than immigrants?

We're not under attack. I wouldn't be alive if it weren't for immigration (half Maltese) so I don't understand this whole current "we must send the immigrants back" nonsense.

Soldato
It's because when the economy is good there is low unemployment, when it is bad there is high unemployment. so when it was good we were happy to have anyone, but now we are entering a period of high unemployment why pay benefits to people that have not contributed into the system?

same goes to people born here, there are many on the dole that have never lifted a finger but they are not so easy to get rid off.

Unfortunatly the world isn't fair, and where you are born plays a massive part of how well off you are, so they are just lucky, but so are the polish for example, they could have been born in Africa. I am not saying it is right, but that is the way it is.

Soldato
It's because when the economy is good there is low unemployment, when it is bad there is high unemployment. so when it was good we were happy to have anyone, but now we are entering a period of high unemployment why pay benefits to people that have not contributed into the system?

Yeah, but then I don't think immigrants are going to suffer. They won't be out of work and if they are out of work, they'll simply leave.

I seriously doubt the absolute majority are on the dole. Mainly because it doesn't pay enough and they have families to feed. Polish immigrants come over here for the work. Its as simple as that. Whether or not they're keeping English people out of jobs, I don't care.

Soldato
we need to get all these lazy ******'s off benefits. the government need to make it much tougher and cut the amount of money they get, force them to work :mad:

Associate
I'm currently going through the process of applying for a visa (Tier 1/Highly Skilled). It's been ongoing since May. I'm currently stuck in Australia, still paying rent in London, still working for a UK based company but I'm not allowed to actually be in the country. Whenever I see people make statements like "It's been too easy to get into this country in the past and it's going to get harder", I seriously wonder what they're bloody smoking.

I guess since they can't do anything about EU migration they need to appear 'tough' and this is the only sort of migration they can control.

Last edited:
Top Bottom