Mike Capps: Epic Games has a PC-exclusive game in the works

Soldato
Gears of War and Fortnite dev Epic Games is getting back to its roots with a PC-exclusive project, creative lead Cliff Bleszinski and president Mike Capps announced today during a PAX East panel. "We might be working on a PC-only title," Capps teased, before Bleszinski picked up where he left off: "Let me say that again: we are working on a PC game."

The panel is still going on, but we'll be sure to chat to the Epic folks as soon as it's over.

Update: Epic Games prez Mike Capps told us after the panel that the unannounced PC project is currently underway, and that the current plans are to keep the game exclusive to the PC platform. Unsurprisingly, he wouldn't tell us anything else.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/04/07/epic-games-has-a-pc-exclusive-in-the-works/

Caporegime
Epic can shove it, their bs over the last lot of years has alienated them from a hell of a lot of pc gamers. They release unreal tournament 3, it sells like freshly bagged dog **** as its not a paticularly good game, then they play the "zomg piracy!!!1111" card. Yeah clearly could have nothing to do with the game being ass. :rolleyes:

Associate
Wasn't there rumour of epic doing a MMO a while back?
That would certainly fit the bill of PC exclusive, no one seems to have cracked the console MMO yet with any great success (at least on the scale of WoW).

Associate
I reckon its going to be a browser based game.... UT3 Live in a browser?

oh, and lol at the bitter pc gamers that Epic (along with other devs) have made consoles their primany focus.

Soldato
I think I must be the only person who enjoyed UT3. Played a fair amount of it on the lower patches and once it hit 2.0 it became very solid. Looks great, plays great.

As for PC exclusives are they that necessary with Epic? The biggest use they have is producing a quite superb engine that other companies pick up. Without them we wouldn't have had Bioshock, Mass Effect, Borderlands, Batman or even Bulletstorm which I thoroughly enjoyed.

Soldato
As for PC exclusives are they that necessary with Epic? The biggest use they have is producing a quite superb engine that other companies pick up. Without them we wouldn't have had Bioshock, Mass Effect, Borderlands, Batman or even Bulletstorm which I thoroughly enjoyed.

This tbh, the Unreal 3 engine is one of the best engines of this "generation". It runs smoothly and the mod tools have produced plenty of indie games as well.

I'd be more than happy if Epic focused on UE development than producing down the middle average titles.

Associate
This tbh, the Unreal 3 engine is one of the best engines of this "generation". It runs smoothly and the mod tools have produced plenty of indie games as well.

I'd be more than happy if Epic focused on UE development than producing down the middle average titles.

+1 Bulletstorm was a really good game, a lot of fun to play and recent by my count. Also constantly improving and distributing an excellent engine which many others use to make some incredible games. In my view Epic can keep doing what they are doing.

Soldato
OP
I think I must be the only person who enjoyed UT3. Played a fair amount of it on the lower patches and once it hit 2.0 it became very solid. Looks great, plays great.

Yep i enjoyed it and it still looks superb.

Back
Top Bottom