Milk bottle tops - Do the birds still peck into yours?

Transmission breaker
Don
I always remember when I was a kid that we often found little holes that had been pecked into the tops of the milk bottles in the morning.

Recently, i was thinking about this randomly when getting the milk in, and it seems that it never happens anymore??

Does anyone still get this? Perhaps with the decline of delivered milk, the generations of birds that learnt this little skill died out, and it was never passed on..

(yes, random thread!)

Soldato
glass bottle foil top is still very popular, but most people have a little box that their mik gets put in with a lid to prevent the whole bird pecking thing taking place.

Man of Honour
Never got that far - some **** always used to nick our milk before we got to it - even when the milkman would hide it for us - so my parents started buying it from the supermarket instead.

Caporegime
Never got that far - some **** always used to nick our milk before we got to it - even when the milkman would hide it for us - so my parents started buying it from the supermarket instead.

Sorry about that. I always liked a pint in the morning when I did my paper round ;)

I don't know anyone that still has milk delivered. Even when they looked at restarting rounds in cambridge it was too expensive.

Back
Top Bottom