1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miners Trapped underground for 8 days still alive!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zip, 3 May 2006.

1. Zip

Capodecina

Down here in Oz there was a mine collapse. 3 miners got trapped, they found one on the 2nd or 3rd day but he was crushed to death.
    The other 2 managed to get into a saftey cage and survive. They found that they were alive on about the 6th day which is a mirricle to survive with out anything underground for that long.
    Its now they 8th day and they have started to drill a whole big enough to so they can get out but that will take 2 more days.
    Heres an article, its not a very good one but you will see some of the details in it.

2. 4T5

Man of Honour

:eek:
    Excellent news that they have made contact.
    I can't think of a lot worse than being trapped underground. Mining is one job I have never fancied at all.
    Heres hoping for a speedy big hole dig.

3. Zip

Capodecina

They have just got the concrete in the ground and are waiting for it to set atm.

They are in a cramped little cage and cant even stand up to strech their legs :eek:

4. 4T5

Man of Honour

Been on my mind since reading the thread mate.
    I cannot imagine what they are going through only wish them a speedy exit and recovery.

5. Zip

Capodecina

If you want to keep upto date with it just type in "trapped miners" in google news.
    Ill try keep this post upto date aswell.
    They are in remarkably good spirits aparently.

6. SourChipmunk

Sgarrista

What's with all the trapped miners lately? There is a very similar story in our news right now - 2 alive, 1 dead. They got a pipe down there for food and water until they can finish digging them out.

But this is like the 10th incident I've heard about in the last 2 months! :eek:

7. Zip

Capodecina

They have started drilling. They have drilled 2 metres and that took 6 hours i think :eek: