Mini Cooper S - Mini Review and Pics (lots)

Aye, improves throttle and steering response, along with moving the shift indicators way further up the rev range, almost into the redline.

Can't remember if it changes the exhaust note or not, but the cars should come with the Sport setting out of the factory IMO.
It's only an option, which is silly.

Last edited:
[TW]Fox;17594351 said:
So what do you do when buying a used car?

Well its a dfferent story when buying a second handcar.

Obviously if you test drove it and found the wheels to be buckled then you would change them right?

Thats why if i was to go buy some alloys, id buy them brand new. For the few extra notes it would cost buying new, saves the hastle and problems trying to fix a dodgy second hand set.

Well its a dfferent story when buying a second handcar.

Obviously if you test drove it and found the wheels to be buckled then you would change them right?

If the wheels are so slightly buckled that you cant even tell when looking at them, they are not going to be hugely noticeable if they are on the car, either.

Thats why if i was to go buy some alloys, id buy them brand new. For the few extra notes it would cost buying new, saves the hastle and problems trying to fix a dodgy second hand set.

Often though the difference is considerable. I bought my wheels second hand because for about a grand I could get a set of used 18 inch Style 37's with brand new high end tyres, or I could get a set of new replica 18 inch Style 37's with brand new high end tyres.

If I ordered the genuine wheels new from BMW, with tyres the cost was almost £2500.

Ok, so here we are a week in and I'm absolutely delighted with it, very nippy, handles fantastically and a really nice place to be in. :)

So, thoughts turn to tweaking and as I said I'm not a fan of the crown spoke standard alloys so am looking to change them asap.

Unsure on which direction to take it at the moment, sportier or classier. Am really liking the Team Dynamic 1.2's in black like on Eidolon's car but I also like the JCW R112 Challenge Cross Spoke Alloys in Silver. So which is best ?

There's only one way to find out...FIGHT !! :)

30213_10150195351835327_763430326_1.jpg

30213_10150195351870327_763430326_1.jpg

1945718-1.jpg

1945718-8.jpg

What do you guys think ? I'm leaning towards the JCW's at the moment although a fair bit more expensive...

Back
Top Bottom