Mini ITX build for Video Editing £600-£800

Soldato
im out of the loop, so I thought I’d ask you guys :)

My brother is after a small PC he can plug into his 1080p TV and edit videos from is go pro and upload to YouTube etc. He’s pretty vague but I know he wants a SSD and big hard drive, he hasn’t gave me a clear budget but I’m guessing between 600-800 quid based and is mumblings! He’s not a gamer but someone at a big retail computer shop told him he’ll need a powerful gaming PC to edit videos!!

Soldato
@pumaz if doing 4k Go pro videos then the bigger the stronger the Cpu the better

Ryzen 8 core/16 threads, small ITX case , SSD and 3tb HDD

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Soldato
OP
Thanks orbital, this might sound like a daft question but I really know nothing about working with video so I assume video cards aren’t really important as they just display the image and it’s the CPU that does the work, is that correct?

Soldato
Thanks orbital, this might sound like a daft question but I really know nothing about working with video so I assume video cards aren’t really important as they just display the image and it’s the CPU that does the work, is that correct?

Mainly depends on the software , link say with 3D rendering . Most for CPU bound or can be aided with GPU.
Major one like Adobe Premiere is mainly focused on CPU

Back
Top Bottom