1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mini ITX case for MSI GTX 1070

Discussion in 'Small Form Factor' started by -Hotplate-, May 17, 2017.

1. -Hotplate-

Gangster

Hi
    I am looking to build a gaming rig in as small a case as possible that will take my MSI 1070 which is 279mm long.
    I had really set my mind on the SG13 by Silverstone but sadly it will not take my card.
    So without going massive, what options do I have ?
    thanks in advance,

2. Psypher5

Sgarrista

cut a hole in the front of the sg13?

3. Daaaveee

Wise Guy

Depends what shape ITX case you're after? My wifes Silverstone Raven RVZ02 takes my MSI Gaming X 1070 with the removal of a small plastic corner bracket (2 screws), but obviously is a slim and tall case, rather than short and fat.

4. wywywywy

Gangster

5. nade

Wise Guy

I managed to get a Sentry case, that can support up to 305mm length cards. But placement of pcie power connectors seem hit and miss. But it's not generally available yet.
    http://zaber.com.pl/sentry/

6. -Hotplate-

Gangster

In the end I have ordered the Cougar QBX mini ITX case from here. It seems to tick all the boxes I had to tick. It's definitely bigger than I originally wanted. I was aiming at the SG13 size but everything I read said that wouldn't work. Gonna build next weekend

7. Narj

Capodecina

Looking forward to reading how you get on. I want to rebuild my gaming machine into a smaller case that can go in the living room but keep hitting brick walls when I look into it. I'd probably struggle to maintain my overclock.

8. -Hotplate-

Gangster

This case is too small for my GFX and the bequiet AIO. So I am having to rethink despite taking a hacksaw to a new case, its no good.

9. JClarke

Associate

10. HoneyBadger

Wise Guy

Corsair 250D?

11. LePhuronn

Wise Guy

You might as well just step up to Micro ATX then if you're getting a case that ridiculously oversized.

12. HoneyBadger

Wise Guy

Have you owned one? I have and it's not that badly sized when you consider what you can get inside it.
    There are bigger cases, for example the NZXT Manta and the Caselabs Mercury S3!

13. LePhuronn

Wise Guy

True, but I've been spoilt by a Silverstone Sugo SG05 with a GTX Titan, H60 strapped to an overclocked 2500K and 2 SSDs. Now granted I had to gain an extra inch length by cutting a hole in the case interior (front facia covers it so you can't tell), but for me it's 95% the perfect ITX case. You simply don't need to go any bigger really, so anything else is just ridiculous and wasted for my money.

I have an In Win 901 too and that's just ridiculously oversized with so much wasted space, but then I could've have modded 480mm of radiator space into otherwise ;)

14. wonkytrout

Gangster

Banging on but a Core V1 is perfect.. 285 gnu length and great airflow (I'm not an expert though).

15. GWANGY

Gangster

Lian li q34 (in gold or red, pref)

16. Warbie

Soldato

I love the look of these! The only thing putting my off is air flow with overclocking.