• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Mini/ITX GTX 1060 6GB + EK-Thermosphere Full WC

Associate
Morning
Recently bought a gtx 1060 and as always hated the stock cooler. Was looking to integrate the gpu into the WC loop. Project mostly based on:
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18729855

Narrowed it down to the Thermosphere but wasn't sure if holes will align
Had to rework some of the wires and whoala! :D

Left the VRM sink as is and added some copper sinks for the ram chips
MX-4 used on the block

Fans had to be brought down and also I have used a dremmel to cut the case mesh in between the fan and the rad both top and bottom to improve flow a little

End result
3 cycles on Unigine Valley Extreme HD did not break the 40c mark

Last edited:
Associate
Nice.. do you have any airflow going over the VRM and RAM heatsinks? i imagine they could get quite toasty otherwise.

I guess there is passive airflow as the 280 is push pull as an intake at the front of the case. Then the 140mm Corsair H90 on the CPU is exhausting push pull too. It's a full cover block with the EK MSI Sea Hawk. The vrms and RAM have direct contact with the block and water flowing over them.

I will see how warm to touch the VRM area is under load though now you've mentioned it. It's pretty easy for me to check as I have the 600c inverted case, so the front of the block is fully shown.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Fans are blowing into the case. Mesh on both sides helps the heat to escape. Temps could be better but both rads are slim. Have room on the bottom now for a thicker rad as fans moved downstairs :)

Played around with OC for 20 mins, not sure about results:

+250 core +700 mem
Good thing is temp just hit 40, after few runs it might be 45 tops. Very pleased!

Yep QBX! had this case for a while and I cant find anything better ITX-wise
Purple liq looks nice :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Sorry to necro this thread @CivilDrone :cry: but im about to do the same thing on a Zotac 1060 Mini. Just curious as to what rewiring you had to do? Any issues with clearance between the block and the gpu's components?

Back
Top Bottom