Mini Rant - Yearly Review Emails in December

Soldato
Ok, not so much of a rant as a grumble, but why do companies feel the need to do a "Year of" email at the start of December?

Spotify have just sent me a "Your Year of Music" with various stats around minutes of music listened to and most listened to songs etc, yet we're only 92% of the way through the year.

Strava is another one, i get a yearly review giving me miles ran and hours exercised around this time too, which again completely misses out a whole month of the year to include stats.

Surely it makes a lot more sense to wait until January when you can actually get a proper yearly review?

Soldato
It's just advertising most of the time, they remind you how amazing their service has been this year and maybe you'll recommend it or being Christmas gift it to someone else.

Soldato
Its everything even the garage I bought the car from sends me emails about products and "your amber rated things on your MOT might need attention do you want to book a visit" er no, I'll wait for the MOT unless a wheel is obviously falling off or something.

Wish I'd ignored the "fill in your email and mobile details here" on the purchase documents, I'm buying a car from you why the **** do I need to give you my email address?!

Soldato
Its everything even the garage I bought the car from sends me emails about products and "your amber rated things on your MOT might need attention do you want to book a visit" er no, I'll wait for the MOT unless a wheel is obviously falling off or something.

Wish I'd ignored the "fill in your email and mobile details here" on the purchase documents, I'm buying a car from you why the **** do I need to give you my email address?!

So you'll drive round a potential dangerous vehicle because you're one of the thousands of idiots that thinks the MOT is the only time of year that you NEED to get your car looked at and things fixed, particularly when you've already been advised there's a further potential issue?

Please surrender your licence and use public transport, it'll be safer for all around you.

Caporegime

get your email stamped on your forehead, probably save you a lot of time in the future, maybe go with gullible123@gmail

Soldato
It's just advertising most of the time, they remind you how amazing their service has been this year and maybe you'll recommend it or being Christmas gift it to someone else.

This really.

As a bit of a stats geek I find some of them interesting.

The ones I'm not phased by are the Facebook your memories this year...

Back
Top Bottom