Mirra 2 Opinions

Associate
Being using a Noble chairs Epic and over lockdown have grown to hate it. Looking at picking up a Herman Miller Mirra 2 but wondered if anyone here has used it and what there opinions of it are. Will be sitting at it a minimum of 10 hours a day while home working

EDIT - Worth noting i am partially sighted and spend a lot of time leaning forward

Associate
I've had my Mirra 1 for ~8.5 years. It is very comfortable for long periods of sitting (I'm a home worker) but does require adjustment and you do need to sit "properly", so it's not for everyone. The optional forward tilt is useful if you like to sit forward. Best advice is to try one first if you can.

The warranty is excellent too, just had the entire back replaced as it had become a little too pliable. My Mrs version of the chair, which is the same age as mine, has not suffered the same issue.

Soldato
I have the Mirra 2 model. The mesh seat is what I really wanted as all previous office chairs I had with foam simply compressed to nothing after a few years and it was like just sitting on a piece of wood. I've had it for about 8 years now and the seat is just the same as new and is nice to not have to shuffle about or use cushions. The back is however a bit bleak, I do find myself wishing it had some padding, though I guess it is not designed for lounging in, as the guy above says. The main gripe I have found though is the arm rests, they are the stubby type with large gaps between the end of the arm and the back, and no padding to speak of, so again lounging is compromised. As I say I have saved money by not having to constantly replace big standard office chairs, but probably best to test drive one.

Soldato
I didn't like the Mirra 2 and got rid of mine. Mesh chairs get a lot of hype but they don't mould to your bum like a foam chair does and I didn't find it comfortable. In addition, mesh is more abrasive than cloth-covered foam so if you're sitting in shorts or whatever, it doesn't feel very nice. Plus, it's not like I sweat bucketloads so the much-touted coolness of mesh didn't really do anything for me. This is the UK after all - not a tropical climate.

Aside from that, the Mirra 2s are really well built and a quality product. Just not for me.

Soldato
Took me a week or so to get used to it. Plenty of adjustment and the recline feature is great and unlike any other chair I've sat in. I have an issue with my lower back and the Mirra is the only chair I can sit in for extended periods without back pain. Keeps you in the correct posture, and for me it's comfortable but it isn't a chair to lounge in as there's no cushioning in the seat.

Associate
We use them at work and very comfy. I have a Noble Epic AMG and now working from home find it a bit too firm tbh. And I find it very hot during summer. Work giving money for home office furniture and a 25% HM discount so looking to get a Mirra 2 for home. If you are interested in the 25% discount then DM me.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Mirra 2 arm rests are odd and not for me. Pictures don't give a good enough impression of how much they curve downwards.

Soldato
We use them at work and very comfy. I have a Noble Epic AMG and now working from home find it a bit too firm tbh. And I find it very hot during summer. Work giving money for home office furniture and a 25% HM discount so looking to get a Mirra 2 for home. If you are interested in the 25% discount then DM me.

I'm looking at buying a HM chair, don't suppose you could trust me the discount code :)

Back
Top Bottom