Mirrorless for wedding videography

Permabanned
I am looking at some recommendations in regards to a mirrorless setup for weddings.

I am looking at used gear, to begin with as I am not sure if it is something I want to pursue.

So far I seem to be coming back to the Sony A7II, that is in my budget, used.

I am a little concerned by the overheating comments and also do I really need to record in 4K?

Is it a good option for the £900 mark or should I be looking at something else?

Soldato
Is this a buisness venture or just for personal means?

You never have to shoot in any format ... but what you shoot in will always have its pros and cons to overall workflow.

A7 ii is pretty old though, if your exclusively using a camera to film in that price range I would look at a gh5. Guess it depends if you need to invest in glass or already have sony stuff.

Permabanned
OP
I photography weddings now so video maybe something I push on with if I enjoy it.

I’ve got two friends weddings this year, they know I’ve never filmed them before so that is fine.

I would need glass but I could hire it to begin with.

I have looked at the GH5 but the crop sensor has put me off.

Man of Honour
Shot with what ever works for you and what you feel comfortable with to get the result needed. Remember, you'll be carrying most of this equipment around for most of the day and 2 full frame DSLRs on your shoulders can play havoc on your back by the end of the day.. My only prerequisite would be fast dual card storage for backups and decent ISO capability to accompany a collection of f/2.8 lenses throughout the focal lengths.

Permabanned
OP
Shot with whatever works for you and what you feel comfortable with to get the result needed. Remember, you'll be carrying most of this equipment around for most of the day and 2 full-frame DSLRs on your shoulders can play havoc on your back by the end of the day.. My only prerequisite would be fast dual card storage for backups and decent ISO capability to accompany a collection of f/2.8 lenses throughout the focal lengths.

Indeed.

I shot my first wedding on a 7d with a single card.. It wasn't able to relax until the images were backed up and triple backed up during lunch.

I'm not going to use the D750's to film with, I don't think they are up to it couple that with the weight I don't think they are a good combination with a Ronin Gimbal.

The A7 only has one card slot so that rules that out.

I am left with the GH5?

Back
Top Bottom