Mixer tap ID

Soldato
My kitchen mixer tap is now 11 yrs old and one of the tap valves is dripping - I have removed the lever from it's splines and can see no way to remove the valve - Doing a search it seems the chrome bit over the valve could just be a push on cover.
If it is just "pushed" on how do you shift them without damage.
Other than the design are all these taps the same - would another cover fit if a bust it.

There isn't a name on it or if there was the wife has polished it off years ago.
Sods law says that last year I had a clean out of all paperwork about these sort of things.

414492855.jpg

Soldato
Odds are there's a really small hole at the back of each rotating handle, inside is a grub screw that needs to be undone and the handles will pull off. You'll then expose the valve and need a spanner to undo them.

Soldato
OP
My kitchen mixer tap is now 11 yrs old and one of the tap valves is dripping - I have removed the lever from it's splines and can see no way to remove the valve - Doing a search it seems the chrome bit over the valve could just be a push on cover.
If it is just "pushed" on how do you shift them without damage.
Other than the design are all these taps the same - would another cover fit if a bust it.

There isn't a name on it or if there was the wife has polished it off years ago.
Sods law says that last year I had a clean out of all paperwork about these sort of things.

414492855.jpg

Done that.

Associate
MY mixer tap also started to leak. I could remove the handle and get to the valve cartridge but I could not unscrew it. I ended up replacing the whole thing. It took 5 minutes to replace it.

Edit: Easy to replace mine was due to the tails being screwed rather than being soldered.

Soldato
OP
We have been talking about changing it - This will be the first time in my life I will have to call a plumber in - 5 yrs ago I wouldn't have thought twice to replace it myself.
The kitchen fitters put the taps in with stop valves on then promptly installed the sink waste pipe across the front of them. :rolleyes:

Soldato
OP
Yes I will do that -it was tounge in cheek reply.
The wastes probably need a good flush out anyway.
I will use the next few months building myself up to do the job - Nowa days I need the time to do jobs twice and need all plumbers open. :eek:

Soldato
Doesn't look unlike the franke taps I have ... but per previous thread, as someone told me, you can remove the inside of the cartridge without removing it all, by removing the circlip .

for £6 it cost cheaper than ~£100 new tap

"
Model Name: VR04 (52mm x 8mm spline length) cartridges spares, Direction of turn to open: Single Clock... Total: £5.99"

Back
Top Bottom