MJOLNIR: The minimalistic – but not boring – 9.7L Case

Associate
OP
Heey guys, time for an update!

Sorry for the lack of updates in the past 2 months, I blame at least 50% on poor / slow PostNord shipping. Anyways, the samples have now been examined and we're very happy with the anodizing quality. However, because we're using different alloys it will be hard to create that "space gray" / DARK anodizing for the prototypes, especially if we want the parts to match with each other. The anno-shop told us that they would do their best, but if there are color match problems the parts will be anodized in black.

Natural light
update_30_1-min.jpg

Fluorescent light

update_30_2-min.jpg

update_30_3-min.jpg

The shells are packed and ready for final anodizing!

update_30_4-min.jpg

update_30_5-min.jpg

I'll send the package today (Monday 5th of August). After that its 10 days shipping + 2 weeks anodizing (max) + 1 weeks of shipping back to us. Stay tuned for more and let me know if you have anything on your mind

Best,
Alex

Associate
Up for this. Have subbed on the website for an email on release. Is there a plan for a £GBP / Euro Price? How many are you having made in the first batch?

Soldato
Why not do a variant with natural anodising? The colour will come out a nice grey and would give a lighter variant if people preferred, not sure if you mean just because the prototypes happen to be in different alloys or this will be an ongoing challenge?

Associate
OP
Up for this. Have subbed on the website for an email on release. Is there a plan for a £GBP / Euro Price? How many are you having made in the first batch?

Awesome, thanks a lot man! We'll start with a USD kickstarter batch and see how things move on from there :) The first batch will consist of 500 units.

Why not do a variant with natural anodising? The colour will come out a nice grey and would give a lighter variant if people preferred, not sure if you mean just because the prototypes happen to be in different alloys or this will be an ongoing challenge?

We'll use natural anodizing on the production units, both for the Steel and Dark tones. The production units will be of the exact same alloy and ingot, so no issues regarding that thingy in the future :)

Associate
OP
Heey guys,

Here are a couple of pics from the annoshop! The parts are on their way now, FedEx estimates 2-3 days. So dang excited!

update_31_1.jpg

update_31_2.jpg

update_31_3.jpg

update_31_4.jpg

update_31_5.jpg

Can't wait to put it all together and snap some awesome pics for you. Then it's time to continue the path of MJOLNIR! ;)

Best,
Alex

Associate
OP
Wazzup guys!

The cases are now fully assembled, just have to wait for black screws and packaging before we packe'em up and send off to YouTube! Check out some pics below, keep in mind that MUCH BETTER pics will come out once Mods By Ben Q takes a look at the cases.

The three musketeers
Update_33_1-min.jpg

Update_33_2-min.jpg

Update_33_3-min.jpg

Update_33_4-min.jpg

MJOLNIR_package.jpg

Let me know what you think :)

Best,
Alex

Soldato
Wazzup guys!

The cases are now fully assembled, just have to wait for black screws and packaging before we packe'em up and send off to YouTube! Check out some pics below, keep in mind that MUCH BETTER pics will come out once Mods By Ben Q takes a look at the cases.

The three musketeers

Let me know what you think :)

Best,
Alex

Looking great. When can we get our hands on one?

Looking to downsize my rig soon to itx and this looks like a great case.

My custom parvum case I did my build log for has served me well but I think it's time to move on.

Associate
OP
Would you look at those, finally managed to snap a couple of nice pics! :eek: Also, the first review unit is now in the hands of an epic tech reviewer!

part_0_1.jpg

cooling_air.jpg

cooling_water.jpg

Gonna launch this mighty beast on November 26 at 4pm CET! What do you guys think? Btw that upside down corsair logo can be fixed by flipping the core ;)

Best,
Alex

Soldato
Would you look at those, finally managed to snap a couple of nice pics! :eek: Also, the first review unit is now in the hands of an epic tech reviewer!

part_0_1.jpg

cooling_air.jpg

cooling_water.jpg

Gonna launch this mighty beast on November 26 at 4pm CET! What do you guys think? Btw that upside down corsair logo can be fixed by flipping the core ;)

Best,
Alex

looks awesome, whats the estimated RRP of this?

Soldato
looks awesome, whats the estimated RRP of this?

Taken from sff.net -

Here are the rewards, hope you guys like'em:

Note: shipping includes import fees & sales tax / VAT.

Another note: MJOLNIR S is Standard Edition, while MJOLNIR R is RGB Edition. Performance panels are the vented/slotted aluminium panels.

MJOLNIR S
Color choice: Steel / Dark / Stealth
Panel choice: Performance Panels / Tempered Glass Panels
Lighting: none
Limited: 200 units
Pledge: $299 ($50 off MRSP $349)

MJOLNIR S + 2X Panel Sets
Panels: Performance Panels + Tempered Glass Panels
Lighting: none
Limited: 50 units
Pledge: $339 ($60 off MRSP $399)

MJOLNIR R
Lighting: RGB
Limited: 200 units
Pledge: $349 ($50 off MRSP $399)

MJOLNIR R + 2X Panel Sets
Panel choice: Performance Panels + Tempered Glass Panels
Limited: 50 units
Pledge: $389 ($60 off MRSP $449)

MJOLNIR — Duo
  • MJOLNIR R
  • MJOLNIR S
Limited: 15 units
Pledge: $644 ($100 off MRSP $744)

MJOLNIR — Trinity
  • MJOLNIR R
  • 2x MJOLNIR S
Limited: 10 units
Pledge: $919 ($150 off MRSP $1069)

MJOLNIR — God of Thunder
This one is really special You will be able to choose your own custom color and custom design for the Performance panels & Tempered Glass panels!
Limited: 5 units
Pledge: $1499 (No MRSP — Kickstarter exclusive)

We're also it talks with bunch of cool companies (like Noctua) to bring you some awesome add-on's when we hit different stretch goals (one of which I think we'll hit the first day)! But more on that later If you want to know shipping cost to a particular country & reward (incl. VAT, sales tax and import fees), just ask me and I'll look it up in our spreadsheet.

I'll be going for the Steel/RGB + both panel sets.

Back
Top Bottom