MLB coming to London!

Soldato
It has just been confirmed that MLB are to host two regular season games at London Stadium on the 29th & 30th June 2019, and it's the New York Yankees and The Boston Red Sox! :cool:

Not sure how much support there is on here for baseball, but I'll definitely be going.

I haven't kept up with it for years, but have always loved baseball since playing for the Boston Red Sox in my teens....(in the East Midlands League :p)

Associate
I used to watch it all the time back when it was on Channel 5... JG (the Gould Fish) and JC, Mike Carlson, Erik the producer. I started watching because I had trouble sleeping and Baseball was boring and was sure to put me to sleep, or so I thought. Then I carried on watching, mainly due to the chemistry of the presenters, and then it was for the games themselves.

I still vividly remember hearing one of my letters on unbreakable records being read out live on air. If only I still had the recording!

Then after the economy went down the toilet and Channel 5 didn't renew their coverage for 2009, I kind of drifted and lost interest due to the difficulty of following the sport and the lack of the MLB on Five team of presenters...

Sorry to go off on a tangent their. It's good news to hear that MLB is coming to the UK. I just hope it gets some traction and makes the sport more popular in the UK.

Soldato
Good news, I'd be interested in watching a game or two here.
I'm off to Seattle in the summer and desperate to see the Mariners play :), although the wife is far from keen :(.

Associate
Yup I'd be interested in going, I've followed Baseball off-and-on since the late 80's, and I went to see the off-season exhibition game between the Mets and the White Sox (I think) which took place at the Oval. I don't remember it being that great but my mate nicked a mascot's towel.

Caporegime
Registered for my tickets, miss watching baseball when growing up. Although whenever I’m in Toronto I’ll go watch a few Blue Jay games.

But yankee’s and Red Sox should be a belter of a game. They usually are.

Soldato
I've registered interest but it depends on the cost. I saw the Yankess vs Red Sox back in 16' at Yankee Stadium. I've got bored with the NFL in London so this might spice things up for me.

Soldato
Went to see Miami play a few year back and it was fun. Don't follow the sport at all but for a one off I'd be up for this.

But yeh cost is important.around £50 a ticket would be OK I guess.

Soldato
Still miss Channel five coverage.
So do I. I went to an MLB game on the 4th July many years ago (Orioles @ White Sox) I had a great time. I don't go to many live events these days so I'd go if I can. Realistically I don't think I'll get tickets, I can see these going on sale when I'm at work & there's a fair few ex-pat New Yorkers & Bostonians that work here who would jump at the chance, plus the fans who would make a holiday of it from the states. Tickets would sell out in minutes. Shame really as I'm a half hour train trip from the venue.

Associate
Nah I'm definitely priced out of that, no way I'm paying those sorts of prices for a half-decent view. It said last night that the pre-reg tickets were sold out, so it'll be interesting to see how quickly the general sale tickets sell today. Some people must be stinking rich.

Associate
I got a couple of tickets up in the gods this morning. Even they were quite expensive, but should be a good evening out!

Soldato
I got a couple of tickets up in the gods this morning. Even they were quite expensive, but should be a good evening out!

See, this is what I don't get. I paid $22 to sit up in the Grandstand at Yankee Stadium, behind the home plate and it was against the Red Sox. Ok I get that they play a stupid amount of games in a regular season so a sell-out is rare but why can't they price these London games better to gain more interest?

Associate
I know what you mean, but it looks like both days have sold out so I imagine the MLB will be happy enough. Hopefully it might lead to more (cheaper!) games in the future.

Back
Top Bottom