Mobo cable blocking exhaust fan install

Associate
I'm building an Aorus Master into a Carbide 400c.

Plan was to have 2 x LL140s topside for exhaust but the rear-most fan won't fit above the mobo as the retention clips for the two CPU power headers protrude into the space where the fan would sit.

Ideally I want to keep the 140 so I've started looking at the possibility of trimming the handle part of the clips off the power connectors, along with maybe shaving down the rubber pad on the fan to create clearance.

Does this all sound like a mega bad idea? I don't really know what other options I have unless I get a different case ( rather not).

Soldato
you dont need both in, having both in when pushing high overclock means load is balanced to phases and 8 pin socket ( though technically to fully do this properly you need a PSU that has multi rails, most dont now)

braided extension cables sometimes allow more flex but by the sounds of it , the plug is the issue

https://cdn.************.com/static...645.fedc0a37ccf6d082bd289cff0eec9a7c.1600.jpg

i did use a bit of brute strength, got 8 pin in first, then cable managed , then pushed the fan in hard to bend the cabling back and get fan secured

Associate
OP
I was hoping to push max OC on most components; would leaving a plug out jeopardise that?

E/ Nvm, I've tried the fit with one header and it still won't work. Thanks anyway.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom