Mobo Ideas please

Associate
Hi,

I had settled on Gigabyte EX58 UD3 or UD5 MOBo for an I7 but then reading the forums..looks like they have some issues with rebooting.

I am looking for a mobo similar price 200 mark ...any recomendations would be greatly received.

Have not decided on Xfire or SLI or GPU yet

Regards

Associate
I have the UD5, no issues at all (bar me being an idiot with a dvd drive). I think its a cracking board and BIOS is really user friendly. The asus P6TD (aka P6T Deluxe V2) is also a good choice, but I went for gigabyte over asus for better customer service reports (giga have a uk RMA centre). There is reports that asus are setting up something similar thou but people are still complaing that RMAs are taking ages.

Associate
OP
Yea i started looking at the Asus ( there is a 200 quid model and a 170 model)....and it looked decent enough...as per usual I start looking at this and then see the rumours regarding usb3.0 coming out soon...

EVGA looks good ( will look for some reviews as well) ...

Lukext...if Asus had the UK RMA centre and you were buying the a board again would you still go for the GB?

Associate
Lukext...if Asus had the UK RMA centre and you were buying the a board again would you still go for the GB?

Well, I would consider the P6TD (which I did do) and would have probably gone for that if Asus RMA was as good as Gigabyte. The rma did swing it for me. That and the fact that a Giga UD5, 920 and Patriot combo is extremely common on this forum so support and knowledge base is damn good.

Yep seen this confirmed and that RMA's are now running at average of 3 days...

Well, that's what asus rep says however, there are a number of people here that are still saying "i have been waiting weeks". Ultimately, you should choose a motherboard just because the manufacturer has a good RMA procedure as hopefully it will never happen. The UD5 and P6TD were close runners perf, ports and clock wise, the wealth of knowledge on this forum and the giga uk rma just piped it for me in favour of the UD5

Associate
OP
Brilliant , cheers for your replies ....was looking at the bundle deal on OC for the 920 + ud5 ...and very tempted but there are some bits that I want to change (like the Corsair 6GB (3x2GB) 1866MHz Dominator Memory ) and the fan ..

yea agree the rep can say one thing ..and generally the forums will tell the truth..

Back
Top Bottom