mobo upgrade

Soldato
From the post I made on asking which of three Motherboards to go for (the one you linked + 2 Asus Boards) it was suggested to me to go for the Gigabyte UDH5 so couldn't hurt if you go for it.

Caporegime
You've mentioned a new motherboard.

I assume you realise you need a new processor as well?

Your existing RAM will fit a Z77 motherboard but whether or not you should use it really depends on what sort of voltage it will run at.

With a Sandy Bridge processor you shouldn't use RAM at higher than 1.60V.

I'm not aware that we've seen what the recommendations will be for an Ivy Bridge processor.

Associate
OP
And what would you have budget wise for coolers?

dunno £60-80 but its not set in stone

You've mentioned a new motherboard.

I assume you realise you need a new processor as well?

Your existing RAM will fit a Z77 motherboard but whether or not you should use it really depends on what sort of voltage it will run at.

With a Sandy Bridge processor you shouldn't use RAM at higher than 1.60V.

I'm not aware that we've seen what the recommendations will be for an Ivy Bridge processor.

i know il need a new processor il hold out on that until ib is out and some info is available

iv never overclocked ram and dotn know much about it tbh i THINK mine runs at 1.5v but im not certain of that

i might nip down oc today and get 1

Associate
OP
Soldato
ahah yeah those air coolers are actually two of the best air coolers around :) ahah Ive never water cooled before but seems a lot more fiddly putting in rads and changed the coolant and such.

Back
Top Bottom