• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Modded BIOS for RX 6800 or 6800 XT possible?

Soldato
Do these exist, or are these GPUs completely hardware locked?

I'm just wondering if similar results to the firmware mod of the RX 5700 are possible, which upgraded it almost upto the 5700 XT performance level.

Better yet, would be unlocking 8 extra Compute Units on the 6800 XT :)

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Nope, 6000 series are locked. You can flash a 6800 with another 6800 bios but not 6800xt.

Soldato
OP
I guess you might be able to flash a 6800 XT reference model, with the same bios as a factory overclocked model, to lift the overclocking limits. Expensive if it bricks the GPU though!

Last edited:
Associate
I'd say it's still too early to tell... But I'd guess we will eventually be able to actually flash the xt bios to the regular model at some point, which would at least give higher clocks and greater oc potential due to greater power limits. Whether it unlocks anything is another story.

Associate
Technically what igor is doing is a registry hack and does not mod or flash the bios.

Also, there is no tool in the wild to flash 6000 series yet.
Could you explain what a registry hack is exactly? Do you mean as in the Windows Registry - changing settings for the AMD driver software in Windows? Or some other registry?

Back
Top Bottom