1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modded exhaust noise detectors camera fines are coming.

Discussion in 'Motors' started by fadetoblack, Jun 8, 2019.

1. jigger

Capodecina

Just another driving TAX for us. I wish the government would just introduced an annual drivers TAX for us all.

2. Kenai

Capodecina

The same way they'd cope if they went past a speed camera full chat :p

3. Tee Hee Johnson

Mobster

I actually really like this idea.

I like powerful cars, but hate loud exhausts on both good and rubbish cars.

4. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

I suspect three will be installed in places where it matters like inner city, residential areas and not motorways.

5. paradigm

Caporegime

I’d wager that would make too much sense, and it will actually be in retardedly quiet areas, due to this:

6. mrk

Man of Terrible Jokes

Why would they be going past in a city/residential area at full chat? If they do, they deserve to be fined.

7. Cleisthenes

Soldato

I did not read the op correctly :D

8. 200sols

Wise Guy

Great idea. Too many morons around.

9. brendy

Wise Guy

My impreza was rather loud, never given too much pedal in built up areas though, it seems excessive for some specific perceived issue. Lorries, buses and other large vehicles make loud noise but because it's a different tone, they're ok?
    I'd rather they spent these funds on improving roads or public transport instead of catching the occasional loud vehicle.

10. theone8181

Mobster

One of the statements I'd read, said about going by with illegal revs. Not entirely sure what that means as there isn't a rev limit, only a speed/nouse one. Will be interesting to see how they implement it, whether it will scan reg and know what the limit for that model of car is?

11. Malevolence

Capodecina

One of my neighbours has a rather glorious sounding little Abarth 124 Spider, wonder if that will trip these tax machines?

12. Nasher

Capodecina

But the boxer engines make quite a low pitched noise. On some of them you can FEEL it through the floor, but actually aren't producing that many db when you try to measure it.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
  13. brendy

Wise Guy

Yea it's a lower rumble but was a 3" turbo back, set car alarms off occasionally (changed from an angled to straight exit to lessen the noise projection a little) but around 3k rpm it did start to get loud.

14. Andrew_McP

Mobster

I think we all know the kind of muppets this is aimed at... those in performance cars thrashing away from lights in diquavy mode, and kids of all ages with exhausts tweaked to make them feel like kings of hot air. I've no time for any of them. On a Bank Holiday weekend the road warriors are out up the Cat & Fiddle road trying to commit suicide and I can hear some of them from here, miles away.

There's one particular spotty yoof round here who has some silly little low insurance car with a stupidly loud exhaust mod which scares my poor old demented Mum out of her wits if he passes while we're out with the dog. The sooner he gets a clip round the wallet, the better.

15. Stephanie Peterson

Hitman

i hope to see plenty of these with burning tyres round em like we used to see with the scameras out in the sticks catching people in the middle of nowhere for nowt much more than a couple of mph over the limit.

16. kindai

Soldato

Agreed, the local "council scum" of our area have already openly said if any turn up theyll be destroying them.

Crack on I say :D

17. MrRockliffe

Mobster

Don't really have a problem with cars - don't find their exhausts too loud most of the time. Many motorbikes, however, have very noisy exhausts; especially mopeds and dirt bikes, or a decent road bike going flat out

18. Jumper118

Mobster

so can i park under the camera with my quad 18" subs paying at 140db and watch as everyone gets a ticket ? ;)

19. ShiWarrior

Capodecina

:D :D

20. shadow_boxer

Sgarrista

Can't see this ever getting off the ground to be honest. As with most things in life there's a time and place. I don't mind the sound of a performance car giving the beans in the countryside between roundabouts for example but as a poster above has mentioned its often scooters, dirt bikes and chaved up crap boxes that think it's okay to hit the redline in built up area in thr evenings or at night. My C63 (stock) isn't quiet but it's certainly not antisocial when driving responsibily in comfort mode.