US: Modern Family

Soldato
Only seen three seasons of this so far, and I felt that season three was very poor. Aside from that though, I do enjoy it.

It's interesting because it kind of dispenses with some of the traditional sitcom tropes whilst seemingly embraces others.

Caporegime
Season three was mostly very poor, its going the way of most comedies, it started off as groups of actual people who had several small quirks in their personality, but were funny in semi normal stories. Series 3 in particular they ran out of idea's and then they start to go bigger and better, or so they think.

Phil went from slightly idiotic and loads of other things to completely idiotic and everything they tried to do funny had to be him being an idiot, Gloria became all about bad english, etc. Take one part of a character and focus entirely on that, and you get a lot of rubbish.

Friends syndrome, Joey started off normal but a bit dumb and the last half of the show he was just stupid and nothing else. Pheobe started off a bit quirky, last half of the show she was nothing but quirky. Monica was normal but a little controlling, then became only controlling.

They've reigned that in, a bit at least, its been significantly better so far this series, hope it holds out.

Soldato
Seriously, Claire Dunphy is hot

Julie-Bowen-as-Claire-Dunphy-in-Modern-Family-Season-2-Promo-Image-6.jpg

Corrected :)

Awesome show, I think my only gripe is I'm not a big fan of Cam.

Caporegime
My fave show at the moment, absolutely love Phil...wish i had a dad like him. And Luke reminds me so much of my nephew lol.

I quite like Cam, find him absolutely hilarious at times.

2 characters im not fond of is Gloria, god her voice just grates on me but shes hot as hell. And the other one i just cant take to is Dunphy's eldest daughter, she has a weird face, looks like an alien:p.

Missed last nights episode so will watch it later tonight.

Soldato
Brilliant episode this week. This show is fast becoming my favourite comedy atm. It's consistently different and very funny each week.
Luke is just brilliant, he the right amount of stupid and funny, and his sister have their moments too.

Soldato
Always loved this show and would not dream of missing it, I love the moments where they pause and
look at the camera as if to share their anguish with you, It's like your part of the family.
God, Claire's smoking hot when she does that.
Alas, my family aren't remotely funny :p

NZB

NZB

Associate
Her voice does get annoying but she's fun to watch getting interviewed, i don't think even she knows what she's going to blurt out when she starts speaking.

Back
Top Bottom