Modern Warfare 2 Free steam weekend!

Permabanned
cool thanks :D

i was one of the people that actually did boycott the game, so will be good to finally play the multiplayer.

nah i didn't boycott it. It was just too expensive and i heard about all the cheating and centralized servers just put me off.

Soldato
Already heard stories of people planning to sabotage this by creating new Steam accounts and hacking the hell out of the game all weekend.

Would probably give a fair representation of MP to be honest....

Soldato
Why is it strange for MW2 to have done it but not other popular MP games? :confused:

Because its not been out that long, plus its Activision. I just don't think I'm used to getting anything for free when it comes to Call of Duty. With the exception of Valve games, a fair few of the free weekends also come as a sort of cry for help with the devs trying to breathe new life in to a game. With the reported lack of sales and piracy issues, is this the case for Modern Warfare 2? Yes it could be down to the new dlc, but this never happened with CoD4.

Soldato
Why is it strange for MW2 to have done it but not other popular MP games? :confused:

Because Activision are a bunch of greedy, money grabbing *********? CoD4 was at £40 for well over a year. Then they roll out the epic hype for the most overrated game of the year and roll in the profit. Actually letting people try the joke that is MW2 multiplayer would've put so many people off.

Soldato
Dammit. I read the thread title and thought 'good stuff! I'll give the single player a run through."

Not interested in the multiplayer on this one though. :(

Soldato
I cant believe that people are still being so pathetic about boycotting the game, even on a free weekend! Its a great game to play online, you get the occasional cheater for sure but it hardly ruins it. 90% of games are lag free and its great entertainment. Talk about jumping on the hate bandwagon!
Oh and I have Bad Company 2 as well, both are great fun...is it cool to hate MW2 because you own BC2 or something?

Associate
Thanks for the heads up... Will be trying this (If I can get it to work... pre load isn't working for me either). Shame I will only be able to try out the low level weapons and stuff :-/ I guess that is the whole point

Man of Honour
3 out of the 4 games I played so far today had more than 1 cheater in them... not really so occasional. No games are lag free :p probably 1 in 3 have acceptable levels of latency and out of the 2 left - 1 you probably put up with and play a map or 2 before it gets too frustrating.

Soldato
I cant believe that people are still being so pathetic about boycotting the game, even on a free weekend! Its a great game to play online, you get the occasional cheater for sure but it hardly ruins it. 90% of games are lag free and its great entertainment. Talk about jumping on the hate bandwagon!
Oh and I have Bad Company 2 as well, both are great fun...is it cool to hate MW2 because you own BC2 or something?

There's no bandwagon, it's about standing up to companies blatantly taking the mickey out of the community. Besides all I'm interested in is singleplayer anyway as I never liked multiplayer side of COD. Although love it how you jump to BC2 conclusions.

Back
Top Bottom