Molex to 3 pin connector question?

Soldato
I bought a Liang DCC pump last month and it came with a 3 wire with one blue wire attached to a 3 pin connector (like the ones you see on fans that plug into the motherboard) which controllers the pumps flow rate and a yellow and black wire that got into a standard 4 hole molex connections to supply the power.

These leads are really long and I want tidy them up and only have one connection my plan was to cut the yellow and black leads plug them into the 3 pin connector. In order to make this work I've had to salvage 2 pins from a 3 pin connector lead coming off an old P4 HSF and I was going to use electrical tape to join them. Provided I do this correctly will this work? I'm going to plug this directly into the power supply.

Soldato
Should work out fine. The only issue could be if it were plugged into a fan header on the motherboard and the pump draws more than an Amp or so. This could well blow the header. They probably mount them on a Molex for this very reason. Modify by all means but do be wary and don't forget.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom