I never thought I would make a thread like this :o

I have been offered a swap - my S14a value approx £3k for a Mondeo ST24:
it's an w reg 2000
2.5 v6 5door manual
in metalic red
just gone over 80,000 which is low for this type of car
new metal fin water pump fitter
2 new front tyres

Only info I've received so far - I've requested pics and more info. It seems this may be worth approx the same if not more than my car, so seems like a good deal. I imagine insurance will be less than the s14 but not by a huge amount and fuel consumption to be slightly better too.

Any pointers etc?

Adz

Adz

Soldato
It seems like a fair deal but why would you do it? I'm a big Mondeo fan but swapping a RWD Coupe for a FWD Saloon seems like madness to me, unless you need the practicality or there's something wrong with your 200sx ;).

Associate
I was thinking about going part time and uni this year, but would also have either had to sell my car or remortgage up to the hilt/lodger etc.

That sort of car isnt that much cheaper than running a scoob/evo. Maybe a bit but not much.

Adz

Adz

Soldato
djbenjo said:
Insurance, fuel, parts etc bringing me down to earth on my now part time wages - back in full time education.

An ST24 isn't exactly going to be cheap to run... Have you considered the 2.0l 16v? Still a good car to drive, great value for money and loads cheaper to run, especially if something goes wrong.

Man of Honour
Aside from the 'is it worth it' arguement, £3k seems about right, infact, on the 'pretty good' side of alright, for a decent condition average mileage ST24 on a W plate.

Zip

Zip

Soldato
Foghorn Leghorn said:
As much as it pains me to say it, I actually like Fox's alloys.

Suit the car quite nicely.........I feel dirty now...:(

Fog

You should feel dirty:eek:

Look at dezUks car then you will see some nice alloys on a mondeo :cool:

Soldato
Foghorn Leghorn said:
As much as it pains me to say it, I actually like Fox's alloys.

Suit the car quite nicely.........I feel dirty now...:(

Fog

I like them too, I want some for my estate. :cool: :D

How about it fox, swap for some steelies with original ford plastic rims, they are chipped and everything! :D

Back
Top Bottom