mondeo tdci blue smoke

Soldato
a guy at work is knocking about in a mondeo tcdi at the minute, his dad bought it on his advice about a year ago and it was pretty rough then.

i saw it start up today and blue smoke came out on start up which i thought was very odd

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/23774-mondeo-tdci-injectors/

had a quick google, seems these nasty creations have a penchant for stem seals too, even on low milers

seems ford really dropped a clanger with that engine.

people can jump up and down on the "vag 1.9 diesels are unrefined" bandwagon all they like but at least they are nigh on bomb proof, about the only saving grace diseasels ever had

Soldato
OP
i hadnt heard of the stem seal issues mentioned on here and mondeos are discussed a lot.

perhaps someone could enlighten me as to how on earth these engines are seen as attractive at all?

Man of Honour
perhaps someone could enlighten me as to how on earth these engines are seen as attractive at all?

They do good mpg.

MPG is all that matters when choosing a car. Reliability isn't a certainty, therefore we can ignore it and focus on MPG.

Tea Drinker
Don

It's all about the mpg didn't you know, mate just bought his wife a 2 year old diesel coraa on Vauxhall hp sauce because it costs less to tax and run than the omega she had, admittedly it was a nail but he has a company car they drive around all weekend for free.

She only works part time in the same village

Associate
to be fair as new company cars as most of these are sold they are excellant cars.

I drove 125,000 miles in mine in just under 2 years I abused it (i think it got about 6 services) but it dumped me only once in that time and cost £300 to get me back on the road.

That might sound lucky but we had a fleet of about 50 of these not all abused as badly as mine but we had very very few failures of note.

At 80 on the motorway where these cars live there lives they are excellant and that is why they are popular.

Now why you would buy one for your 8 mile comute to work is a differant question.

Back
Top Bottom