Monster Hunter World (PS4, XB1, PC)

Associate
Really enjoying this game. Like previously said its a 40 hour tutorial then the game begins.

Got past the Pink Rathian and continued with the story line to track down Nergigante and got totally obliterated by an Azure Rathian, who would have thought a little change in colour would have made such a difference lol

Associate
I've added a few of people from here onto my PSN friends for teaming up at some point.

I should hopefully be okay when I take on Nergigante, already killed him/her once (do we know monster genders?) when I joined someone else on their optional/investigation mission.
Just going to upgrade my sword a bit before the mission to maximise damage, so I'm currently farming Paolumu... Legiana is such a nuisance when you're farming other monsters in high rank with the constant ice being thrown in every direction.

On a side note I'm really loving the Plunder Blade, shame it takes the spot of the Vigorwasp Spray but it does mean I can upgrade my gear a little quicker.
Really like the Vitality Mantle as well, it makes a great buffer for when you just want to get in a monsters face and go on a full assault.

Associate
What sort of numbers are people putting out damage wise, I've been using Dual Blades and have an attack power of 196? So far not had a problem, but the numbers I see pop up when attack monsters seem a little low around 8-15 damage some times in to the low 20's.

Associate
What sort of numbers are people putting out damage wise, I've been using Dual Blades and have an attack power of 196? So far not had a problem, but the numbers I see pop up when attack monsters seem a little low around 8-15 damage some times in to the low 20's.

I'm using sword & shield with an attack of 270ish hits are generally 30ish but go up to 80. I imagine dual blades are faster attacking so probably not far from the same dps.

Associate
I think the lower numbers are normal for the Dual Blades as you're hitting so much faster that you'll likely have three hits for every one hit someone else does (or even more hits vs the slow weapons).

Haven't been paying attention to attack powers but if I'm not hitting a monster's weak spots, about 15 damage on average... about 11/12 if the weapon bounces off their armour.
On their weaker spots my Long Sword average about 30-35 per hit with the addition of random 100-120 damage explosions when using my blast element Long Sword.

Associate
As you say Dual Blades are faster and if you use Demon Mode you can do the blade dance which if you get the monster in the right position will get in a lot of hits. Only real problem I have with them is when you get monsters that like to fly around like Paolumu, then you have to be a little more patient and wait for them to come down. Might level the bow as well so I have a ranged alternative.

Soldato
The attack power with my insect glaive (water) and armor is currently 510. Yesterday I focused on farming the weapon tree mats to get this as high as I possibly can before I go back and have another go at Nergigante. I'll try and keep an eye on what numbers are coming out of my hits.

Associate
As you say Dual Blades are faster and if you use Demon Mode you can do the blade dance which if you get the monster in the right position will get in a lot of hits. Only real problem I have with them is when you get monsters that like to fly around like Paolumu, then you have to be a little more patient and wait for them to come down. Might level the bow as well so I have a ranged alternative.

Or get some flash pods

Soldato
Ok just completed the campaign and really enjoyed it.

Then I found out I have to redo all the same monsters again just higher level version and I was like “meh” but you know what? The game really does a good job at pushing you onwards.

Put together a starter High rank set of jägers and Bone but keep running out of credits :/

Soldato
Ok just completed the campaign and really enjoyed it.

Then I found out I have to redo all the same monsters again just higher level version and I was like “meh” but you know what? The game really does a good job at pushing you onwards.

Put together a starter High rank set of jägers and Bone but keep running out of credits :/

There's a bit more to it than that (high rank I mean) But you're right. The formula works. Keeps bringing you back for "one more".

Last edited:
Soldato
No just the main story and reached High rank.

I know there’s new monsters to kill it was just the initial shock of seeing the same monsters and armour a&b versions.

Now the real grind starts :D

Been using the DB and long swords but going to try out the hammer for a while.

Is there any most have items for your pouch to use while hunting?

Back
Top Bottom