Monster Hunter World (PS4, XB1, PC)

Associate
Nice going. The double tempered Bazel really hacked me off. Bazel seems to be the monster that everyone has avoided as very few seemed to know how to deal with them, way too many failed quests due to people attacking close in during the glowing haemorrhoid phase. Get a team who know what they are doing and like you say its just a case of divide and conquer.
Yeah, its pretty tough, have you cleared it? My friend had tried it a few times, and struggled with people fainting. The run we cleared it, my friend actually fainted before the SOS crew even loaded in and wanted to restart, but I said screw it lets just see what happens / get some practice. I think its harder fight for the melee guys (due to the glowing haemorrhoids haha), but for bow you can keep a bit of distance and he has so many crit spots.

That's interesting. I found Teo the easiest. Solo
No faints first attempt. Other 2 fainted once each time. Just goes to show how varied things can be depending on gear and play style.

I think I've only got the 1 story line quest left. What's the end game? Go up HR and beat each challenge along the way ?
Well played, I hardly ever solo, prefer the aggro split of 4 player. As for end game, yes it seems to be working through challenges to keep ranking up e.g. HR50 is Tempered Elders. Also the grind for decent decorations and weapon augment is real, I think I've got maybe 5 useful decos out of ~100 drops so far.

Associate
Yeah, its pretty tough, have you cleared it? My friend had tried it a few times, and struggled with people fainting. The run we cleared it, my friend actually fainted before the SOS crew even loaded in and wanted to restart, but I said screw it lets just see what happens / get some practice. I think its harder fight for the melee guys (due to the glowing haemorrhoids haha), but for bow you can keep a bit of distance and he has so many crit spots.

Yes got through it after a few attempts, some of the SOS's I was answering were barely lasting a minute. Ranged weapons seem to be the ticket to keep damaging them. I'm sword and shield so it was slinger ammo then in for short attacks and hopefully a mount.

Associate
Yes got through it after a few attempts, some of the SOS's I was answering were barely lasting a minute. Ranged weapons seem to be the ticket to keep damaging them. I'm sword and shield so it was slinger ammo then in for short attacks and hopefully a mount.
Nice nice, you got any decent Tier 2/ HR30+ Tempered investigations? The HR13+ seem trash. I've got some 2 purple Odo and Pink Rath. Also got a 3 purple Diablos but he's nails lol, hits so hard, dreading Tempered Nerg :eek:

Associate
Got up to rank 29 over the weekend, still not beaten the quest to take down 2 tempered Bazel's yet.... when I solo it I run out of time on the second one and if I add other people there's a higher rate of people being knocked out.
Currently farming Diablos to try get some more Majestic Horns to upgrade some weapons before tackling that one again, just wish they had a higher drop rate than the 8%

Associate
Got up to rank 29 over the weekend, still not beaten the quest to take down 2 tempered Bazel's yet.... when I solo it I run out of time on the second one and if I add other people there's a higher rate of people being knocked out.
Currently farming Diablos to try get some more Majestic Horns to upgrade some weapons before tackling that one again, just wish they had a higher drop rate than the 8%
I can try to help if you like? Add me, I’ll be on later. For the Diablos parts, make sure you’re farming investigations with silver and gold slots, they can drop there too IIRC.

Associate
I should be able to jump on for a bit tonight to give it another go, always welcome some added company.
I think I may have sent you a friend request via PSN.

Is there a way to see your friends from within the game?
There doesn't appear to be any obvious way.
Haven't fully worked out the Squads system so I'm unsure if people who you invite to a squad show up anywhere.

They could really do with improving the system to allow people to play with their friends more easily.

Soldato
Once you're in a squad when you start the game up going to Join rather than Create you'll see a list of squad members on to join their sessions. Like wise if you are already in a session going to the Handler/Quest Board and clicking Join and you can see which squad people are on from there.

When in a session, if you're just in Asteria you won't see anyone but pressing starting and going to the Player List will show who's in the same session, but going to the Gathering Hub via the lift will let you see the character models.

To join a squad you both need to be online at the same time, trying to accept an invitation when the other player is offline won't work AFAIK.

It's not the most intuitive system but I've mainly just been responding to random SOS flares.

Soldato

Well played, I hardly ever solo, prefer the aggro split of 4 player. As for end game, yes it seems to be working through challenges to keep ranking up e.g. HR50 is Tempered Elders. Also the grind for decent decorations and weapon augment is real, I think I've got maybe 5 useful decos out of ~100 drops so far.

Tbf I've taken my sweet time through the story so I was probably well geared. I just beat xeno and I've shot up to HR 29

Associate

Happy to help with this if you need it.

Associate
Tried a quick Teostra run as I needed some parts, fight was going well until he supernova'ed and wiped 2 of us (on a 2 faint failure)

Not sure how I avoided that last time. I know you can flash pod him out of it, but I'd used mine up during the fight and didn't have chance to craft. How can you survive it, is it just GTFO away from him? I was behind him and it still killed me.

Looks like I’ve got Kirin next at HR49, heard bad things about this electric unicorn…

Associate
I think it is just a case of running away.

Wasn't on for long last night but had a look at the squad thing, didn't see a way to invite friends only people in the same online session. Am I missing something?

Soldato
Not sure how I avoided that last time. I know you can flash pod him out of it, but I'd used mine up during the fight and didn't have chance to craft. How can you survive it, is it just GTFO away from him? I was behind him and it still killed me.

Could try using the Blessing charm as it has a chance to negate a % of the damage. Or something that offers Blast resistance but it is mainly a case of running away and recognising the tell that he is about to nova up.

Associate
Could try using the Blessing charm as it has a chance to negate a % of the damage. Or something that offers Blast resistance but it is mainly a case of running away and recognising the tell that he is about to nova up.
I had 2 blessing gems, so I think that gives 30% if it procs. As a bow user, I only use fitness charm III :rolleyes: It's only the second time I've fought him, so I think I just need to get used to the tell as you said. Was just unlucky as I got wedged in right behind him as he did it, he was so low as well :/

Soldato
I had 2 blessing gems, so I think that gives 30% if it procs. As a bow user, I only use fitness charm III :rolleyes: It's only the second time I've fought him, so I think I just need to get used to the tell as you said. Was just unlucky as I got wedged in right behind him as he did it, he was so low as well :/

I think with the Elders it a case of learning the tells mainly. As I had a similar experience with two people wiping on the same Nova as they were both too busy smacking him to know what was going on. But if you can get people with Elderseal on their weapons that's apparently meant to stop them doing their big attacks but I don't quite know how it works.

Associate
Completed the farming for Majestic Horns last night so all of my Kadachi/Diablos weapons can finish their trees.
Just contemplating whether I want to farm a few more to complete the Diablos armour set.

Teostra's nova attack isn't too bad to prepare for as he shouldn't be able to use it until he's maxed out his saura.
So if he's glowing particularly bright and people are being damaged from close proximity then you know he's charging up for a nova, then if he suddenly starts hovering on the spot doesn't appear to be flinching from attacks then the nova is likely to be on the way... you should also also lots of small embers around him at this stage.

I'm fairly sure that the nova won't touch you if you're in the middle of the diving animation so you shouldn't need to get too far away, just in the process of running away to create the dive.

Back
Top Bottom