Monster Hunter World (PS4, XB1, PC)

Associate
I do quite like that the game doesn't tell you a great deal about how things work, it's satisfying to discover stuff like the available upgrades without some notification constantly reminding that you have points/items that can be used.

Soldato
OP
I do quite like that the game doesn't tell you a great deal about how things work, it's satisfying to discover stuff like the available upgrades without some notification constantly reminding that you have points/items that can be used.

Agreed. It's very Japanese in that sense and reminds me a little of the Souls games. Some people it winds up no end as nothing is clear, some people love trying to work everything out.

Associate
Initially with the upgrades I was a little surprised at how few upgrades there were, then I progressed in the story and realized there was suddenly a lot more upgrades available. Not sure about scratching the surface, I don't think I've managed to remove the packaging yet ;).

Soldato
So Ive been slowly working through the game on lr previously my hardest fight had been tobi but found others much easier. A friend told be to try Lance and tobi was a cake walk. Tried lance with the great girros and I got owned. Back to greatsword and aced it again. Definitely seems some weapons are more suited to each enemy

Soldato
I really love the Insect Glaive, seems to do great damage with buffs and keeps me out of trouble as I'm in the air a lot. I would imagine some monsters down the road are going to put a major dent in my confidence, killed the Tobi Kadachi last night that was a fun fight. Seen Rathalos for the first time, that was an amazing sight.

Soldato
I'm playing on my own and it's very easy to get randoms to drop into your game or you drop into theirs. I'd recommend this to anyone it's amazing.

Diablos fight lol that **** was so good!

Soldato
Finally Xbox online seems to work, about time!

I think I'm starting to 'get' the game now, still not 100% hooked me yet but its getting there. Limited time to play isnt good for this one as some hunts can take a while so if i dont think i have enough time, I cut a session short

Soldato
Took me 3 hours to get specific gear to ready for the diablos fight. Beat him solo after 2 faints once I got use to his patterns. So epic and satisfying!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom